Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Area

Options
  • 09-09-2006 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a bit out of touch as I have not been fishing for few years. I just dont seem to find the time these days, but thats another story.

I am looking for a little advice from you good people. My 10 year old has asked a few times about going fishing. I have brought him down the canal twice to spots that I used to fish but it was very slow. He has had 3 small roach in two trips. It seems that he can only last about a half hour without a fish. I am looking for suggestion of spots on the canal or anywhere else within about 30 mins drive from Naas that holds a good head of small roach. I think it wouls help him get interested if he had a better chance to catch. Also it would make it easier to teach him how to watch a waggler. The dull warm weather should bring the canal to life now i think.

Of course, if I do manage to get him interested I would then be called upon to go fishing with him :)

Thanks

Alan

Advertisement