Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disconnected from the Orange network, I think

• 09-09-2006 1:05pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a contract with the Orange network in the UK that started in early February and is for a minimum of 12 months. I had set it up for my bill to be paid by direct debit every month. I went home to Ireland for the summer, and didn't have roaming set up, so I haven't been using my Orange phone for 4 months.

It came to my attention on May that my bill wasn't being paid. My line rental is £25 per month, and the website said I owed them £50. I rang customer services, who said the direct debit had been incorrectly set up. I paid the bill by credit card that day.

On the 15th of July, I paid for another two months via credit card. Now, however, when I try and log on to the Orange website, it tells me my password doesn't match the phone number. I only have the one password, so I know that's right. This leads me to believe that Orange have disconnected me. I can't check while I'm still in Ireland, though, so I won't know for definate until tomorrow.

My question is, what situation am I in if I have been disconnected? Frankly, I'd be delighted if I have been, because I don't want a contract anymore. But will I still have to pay line rental for the remainder of my contract, or will I just lose my deposit, or what?

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement