Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Beer Ever??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

ANybody nkow if it is actually made in Ireland?
    Yep, made in Ireland by an Irish-owned company: Carlow Brewing. I did a side-by-side tasting with O'Hara's Red here.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

Anybody taste the Aldi Specially Selected Irish Ale

Some big flavours in there so quite a strong tasting ale nearly like a light stout.

ANybody nkow if it is actually made in Ireland?

Lovely Ale, actually prefare it to O'Hara's Red....might have something to do with the price too though!!!!!:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I hope they keep it going for a while. Not a bad drink and a great price from something that is not overly common in our shops and offlicences.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PogueMahone365

In a pub, you'll only ever find me drinking Guinness, otherwise, meself and the mot have been drinking a fair bit of Asahi super dry, which is pretty darn good.
    also like James Boag's Premium or Cascade Premium, both all the way from Tasmania, the only beers from Australia that are any use at all. Lovely stuff altogether. Coopers is alright too. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Baltika 3 or 5

Really? Thought it was ok, but wouldn't have thought it was a best beer ever contender....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭boksmashoffice

IKI Beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Coopers in general is a very nice range of beers imo, but I'm on a bottle of extra strong vintage that's just wonderful. Wish they were brewed closer to home I'd love to pick up a six pack guilt free but I feel bad about transporting beer around the world when I can get my fill from within the country and certainly the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Davidth88 wrote: »
    If I could have any beer in the world it would be Fullers London Pride , I used to fill the boot of my car with it coming home from England , but now its available here .

I noted an earlier post about Fullers ESB , a little think and heavy for me but as HendrixCat says in the depth of winter can be nice , if it's on draft it's really difficult to get a nice one , my brother who ran a Fullers pub for a few years said it was really difficult to keep.

Lager I am pretty indifferent on , however anyone who has been to Munich around this time of year will know what real lager tastes like.

So all in all a pint of Pride please !

London Pride FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

I usually drink tiger love it...but the pubs are charging crazy prices for it

I remeber drinking Mac's Gold at a resturant remember it being nice might pick up a few tomorrow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lamacchi

London Pride FTW!

I agree! London Pride is one of the best beer I've ever drunk.
    I love guinness too but only when it is draught in the right way! McEwans is good, as well.
    And I tasted some welsh beer last summer and I really appreciated them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eds

saw it in Centra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Three of the best beers I've ever tasted are Galway Hooker, Gulden Draak and Torpedo by Sierra Nevada.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Pushtrak wrote: »
    There was a Polish bar here where I tried Okocim. Quite nice, strong too. 7% and you can actually enjoy it.
    Must be the
    Bialo Cerwony pub on Henry St. Pity it closed down. They had Okicim Mocne on tap as well as bottle, used to go there with my Polish friend, good beer, good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

I had a couple of pints of Speights Summit in NZ last year. Really missing it now - the Gold Medal is lovely, but the Summit is fan-freaking-tastic!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bullmastiff

Of those available here,-Spaten closely followed by Hofbrau!
    Bavarian beer there is NO substitute.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

some of my favorites:
    La Trappe
    La Chouffe
    Chimay blue
    Delerium Nocturnum
    Kwak
    Duvel
    Triple Karmeliet
    Westmalle
    Leffe
    Achel
    Barbar
    Judas
    Anchor Steam
    Sierra Nervada
    Samuel Adams
    Gulden Draak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Kronenbourg Blanc white beer, can't find it anywhere anymore but it was the nicest beer I ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

I'm a big fan of Summit Brewery (MN, USA) - their Extra Pale Ale is awesome. Don't know that their beers are found much outside of the midwest though...

Visited their brewery a few years ago and the founder Mark Stutrud gave the tour, quality guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Orval for me, nicest Trappist beer imo

Going through a bit a a Kriek phase at the moment, cherry beer, nice to start a session with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

Speight's Summit (NZ) is a fantastic beer - have only seen the Speight's Gold Medal here though. As for the best ever, I couldn't even begin to contemplate a single best beer. Dominus is a great one at 8%, Trappist rochefort 10 always catches my fancy, the BrewDog tokyo is a repeat buy for me, as are the Honeydew, Svyturys Baltas and BeeWyched. (little bit of a sweet-tooth here) That being said, I could definitely do with expanding my horizons a fair bit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CrispMan

Grolsch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Victory Hop Devil IPA. Rogue Dead Guy IPA would be a close 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

"the bishops finger". available in tesco's i kid you not....grand beer if you can get passed asking for it:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

joanofarc wrote: »
    if you can get passed asking for it
    In my local Tesco you're allowed take stuff off the shelves without having to ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭navigator

Probably my favourites are the beers produced by Dupont Brewery (Belgium): Saison Dupont, Avec les Bon Voeux, Moinette.
    Anyway I have to say that in recent years here in Italy grew up a good number of high-quality micro (and not so micro) breweries: some breweries produce really interesting and high-level beers, internationally appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

i dunno, i must be easily pleased or something but stella or carling do it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Got to be Leffe for me now lads, the brown one especially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I was in Slovenia and I was in this Mexican restaurant (Yes I Know) and I asked for a bottle of beer, as I like beer with my chili. I was brought a bottle of the most delicious beer I have ever tasted. It was called Lasko Pivo and it is a local Slovenian brewed beer. There is a second local beer called Union beer which in my opinion should be poured back into the horse.
    i can't seem to find Lasko Pivo in Ireland but I did find it in a supermarket in Verona for 50 cent a 500ml bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

MajorMax wrote: »
    I was in Slovenia and I was in this Mexican restaurant (Yes I Know) and I asked for a bottle of beer, as I like beer with my chili. I was brought a bottle of the most delicious beer I have ever tasted. It was called Lasko Pivo and it is a local Slovenian brewed beer. There is a second local beer called Union beer which in my opinion should be poured back into the horse.
    i can't seem to find Lasko Pivo in Ireland but I did find it in a supermarket in Verona for 50 cent a 500ml bottle.

Enjoyed many a bottle of Lasko while on holiday there, not my best ever but certainly good. There's a light-coloured version (pilsner?) whic is common, green label with a zlatarog on it, and a darker one (Lasko Club IIRC). Both are light years better than Union.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Advertisement