Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delicate Question - How do you know if a Prince Albert has become infected?

Options
  • 09-09-2006 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Bit of a stupid/obvious question I know, but Im not 100% sure

Basically I got one done just over 4 weeks ago on a trip to Dublin - 2.4 BCR in.
    All was going well until this week (had been bathing it in sea salt & warm water once or twice a day) when I had sex with it in twice, after having been told that normally after 3/4 weeks it would be ok if you took it handy & also read it on the net that it should be ok after this time period + it felt ok beforehand.

Was a bit scaldy for a day or two afterwards & I kinda feared that I had ripped the hole slightly or something similar...but just thought that it wasnt much of a big thing & should be ok with some healing time & the reguar cleaning with salt water etc.

Woke up yesterday morning & my bellend is a little bit red up around the hole on the underside, and the rim of the hole is kind of slighlty white/yellowish.
    Its a bit tender to touch but wasnt sure if this meant the piercing had now become infected or if it was just scar tissue kind of building up around it.
    Im not in huge pain or anything,but its more of a tenderness issue.
    Ive continued to bathe it in sea salt & warm water twice daily since this has happened - anything Ive read since tells me that its really hard for this to get infected properly due to your urine cleansing it

I seriously regret having sex with it now so soon after, but i was pretty pissed & like a fool figured it would be ok.
    If it is infected is there anything I can do to treat it etc?
    As the thoughts of having to take it out...let it heal...and then re-pierce are pretty **** right now.
    Plus theres no decent piercing places near me so getting advice from one isnt really an option

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Keep up the bathing, not too much though. I had sex the day I got mine about 3 hours later, so the time you left should have been fine.

Dont overdo it with the salt, it should be ok in a few days, if it isn't I'd advise getting to a piercer as soon as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Posted the same on another board & some heads told me that Ive probably just pissed it off or possibly torn it slightly & to keep up the cleaning routine too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

You could at least call your piercer and get advice over the phone???
    You could even email an image to your piercer so they can give you better advice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭imprezza

Use an antiseptic cream, sudocreme the baby creams good, I had the same problem and that sorted it. Put some on after you've rinsed it with salt and water and dried it. You'll need to let the air at it too as much as you can , no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

No don't follow that advice ^^ the anti-septic cream will irritate it more and delay any healing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Still suffering slightly with this, althogh not as bad as before

Its not really as sore around the actual pierced hole as it was, i think it may have been a slight tear to it as theres a little piece next to it thats a little more red than the rest & which seems to have healed a little bit in the past few days...absolutely stings like hell when i p*ss....no gunk or anything coming out of the hole though so i guess its not infected after all, just pretty tender on surrounding areas....kinda a bit red on my bellend on parts parallel to the jewellery

Anyone know of anything i can soak it in besides salty water to try & soothe it / make it better?
    Read something about lavender oil on a site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

you said there was a touch of yellow discoloration.. like puss or like.. easiest way to explain it would be like if you got pollen or something on your skin..

if its the one that resemples pollen.. the chances are you have a touch of a thrush infection.. these are quite common in the affected area and the mouth.. especially when you get pierced with a low immune system.
    the best thing to do is head into your local studio and ask them, if not try bathing it in hald the strenght you were ebfore hand and eating loads of organic yougart.. it will get your digestive system back on track and reduce the yeast infection if in fact thats what you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I wouldn't try anything apart from a salt soak, if it's still a problem get in to see a piercer.

You have to make time to get to one, it's your dick after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Never a truer word said :cool:

Advertisement