Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panorama To Expose 6 Managers????

• 09-09-2006 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

The BBC is set to uncover bung allegations.

The Premiership is facing a new bungs scandal after an undercover TV probe into illegal payments.

A football agent was secretly filmed making bung allegations by investigators for BBC’s Panorama programme.

In the undercover tapes he names TEN clubs and SIX managers as part of wide-ranging allegations that will rock the English game.

A BBC insider said: “It’s pretty strong stuff.

“I’m sure there are some people who are very nervous about it coming out. It could have massive repercussions for those involved.”

The film is part of a six-month probe. It shows the agent candidly discussing certain high-profile transfers in detail over dinner with a man he believes to be a foreign businessman.

In fact, he is actually a Panorama investigator, who pretends to be interested in buying his own agency business.

The dealings of one particular Premiership club are discussed in great detail. The agent claims most deals there are carried out by some of his rivals, who are given preferential treatment — with allegations of backhanders to officials.

In another revelation, the agent admits to taking a top teenage prospect to two major clubs, despite the fact the youngster is already under contract to another team.

The Panorama report is due to be broadcast on Monday, September 18.

But BBC lawyers are still vetting the film.

If true, the allegations will be the biggest scandal to hit the game since that involving George Graham.

Arsenal boss Graham was sacked in February 1995, after nine years in charge, when it was revealed he had accepted £425,000 in illegal payments from a Scandinavian agent.

The Premier League are already midway through their own probe into illegal payments being headed by Lord Stevens.

A BBC spokesman said yesterday: “I would rather not comment on any ongoing work.”

LINK

This program will be broadcast on the 18th of this month unless legal action stops it. Reading between the lines if the allegations are upheld it could have serious implications for a number of premiership clubs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

In another revelation, the agent admits to taking a top teenage prospect to two major clubs, despite the fact the youngster is already under contract to another team.

Wayne Rooney perhaps or Jon Obi ? Looking forward to the aftermath if it ever sees the light of day. I won't hold my breath though.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ZENER wrote:
    Wayne Rooney perhaps or Jon Obi ? Looking forward to the aftermath if it ever sees the light of day. I won't hold my breath though.

ZEN

I Think if united are involved (which they probably will be) its more likely to be because of Pique or Rossi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I have no doubt there are plenty of shenanigans going on. There is just too much money sloshing around and human nature being as flawed as it is means that people act dishonestly and corruption occurs.

The FA report I had thought was due to be published at the start of Sep. Whether it is a white-wash or is majorly revealing remains to be seen. Also, if Panorama have something they have to be careful if it implicates illegal activity, due process and all that. If we hear that Panorama have made a programme and have turned over some of it to the Police, then it will be at least something.

However, ever since the days of Clough, Graham, and others, the bungers and the bungees have become professional at hiding the under-the-table payments and backhanders, etc, and not everything is paid in cash. Yachts, houses, and you name it has and will be used.

I would be very surprised if more than 0.1% of all dodgy and misplaced money is identified, the very tip of the iceberg at best.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I think people could do worse than revisit the fake sheikh sting which caught Sven naming names. Who knows you may find one or other of the 6 managers are also in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No doubt Harry Redknapp's name will come up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I don't actually think it will have any impact if it's just bungs. I think they're now just part and parcel of the game, the rules involving transfers and approaching player continue to be broken that they're now basically irrevelant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Was just about to say that myself. I've heard his name mentioned a lot regarding bungs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Zebra3 wrote:

Hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

who cares -- most big business are somewhat corrupt -- just the bbc uping its ratings with large scale scarmongering about the ever reliable and POPULAR football -- do people really care if harry rednapp, george graham , alex ferguson ever took a bung --- i know i dont -- prefer to watch the game -- for me the bbc loves nothing more than exposing the slightest whiff of wrong doing in the national game, with Lawrenson shahing his head in disapproval along with all the other do gooders on its panel -- crooks, peacock etc -- so they can promote some obscure football team in the beloved FA cup or womens football !

thebaz wrote:
    do people really care if harry rednapp... ever took a bung

Yes.

And man, your posts are hard to read! :)

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote:
    who cares -- most big business are somewhat corrupt -- just the bbc uping its ratings with large scale scarmongering about the ever reliable and POPULAR football -- do people really care if harry rednapp, george graham , alex ferguson ever took a bung --- i know i dont -- prefer to watch the game -- for me the bbc loves nothing more than exposing the slightest whiff of wrong doing in the national game, with Lawrenson shahing his head in disapproval along with all the other do gooders on its panel -- crooks, peacock etc -- so they can promote some obscure football team in the beloved FA cup or womens football !

The BBC is covering this because a lot of people every weekend in England get up off their hole and go to watch their team play. This costs them a lot of money.

These people do not want their money spent on backhanders to already well-paid people. They do not want their admission fee going to sign a player that is no use to their club but is being signed cos the manager is getting an illegal cut of the transfer deal.

Ferguson is also one of the chief crooks in English football making thinly veiled threats to youth players to sign up for his son's agency or they could be out the door. Luckily for him, Old Trafford fills up with 70,000 muppets every second week who haven't got a clue about football and what it means.

However you are free to live in ignorance. Bliss, I believe?

Zebra3 wrote:
    signed cos the manager is getting an illegal cut of the transfer deal.

Ferguson is also one of the chief crooks in English football making thinly veiled threats to youth players to sign up for his son's agency or they could be out the door. Luckily for him, Old Trafford fills up with 70,000 muppets every second week who haven't got a clue about football and what it means.

Does your indignation at crooks involved in football clubs only apply to Fergie? I see from you sig that you support Shelbourne FC, Maybe you should look a little nearer home to see real crooks , ones that have been convicted and jailed for real crime before pontificating about the ignorance of others.

* I am referring to Ollie Bynes 6 month jail stint for his part in the raid on Carrols Cigarette Factory in 1983.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Zebra3 wrote:
    Ferguson is also one of the chief crooks in English football
    :eek:
    I think you better change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

All the people involved in this have been named in todays News of the World.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport1.shtml

The agent named was Peter Harrison who manages players like Eidur Gudjonsen among others.

There is also a manager who has a son acting as an agent until recently. No Zebra hold on, it's not Ferguson. Think Alardyce and you might be right.

This puts more pressure on Stevens to come up with proper results in his investigation.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle. Football is corrupt and rotting from the very top. I'm thinking FIFA - remember Blatter blocking an investigation into corrupt practices in the last couple of years. The sheer amount of money floating around is a huge temptation for people to think well if every one else is doing it why shouldn't I? There is no real oversight because the people running the game don't want to see anything wrong with the game.

Anyone remember the FA last season poopooing people saying that attendances are falling at the Premiership? Well the number of empty seats on tv showed that to be true. Unless all the fans were cunningly disguised as empty seats in fancy dress. Add in this sudden batch of robber barons with huge amounts of money raised in questionable circumstances, coming in and buying clubs and buying players simply to stop other clubs getting them. I read that the Israeli police advised the Israeli holocaust museum to return a donation from the new owner of Portsmouth because they couldn't verify if it was laundered money! The Brazilian police think that MSI is a front for money laundering according to other paper reports. Are these the type of people you really want owning clubs?

You might say that United had all the money before Abramovich et al came on the scene. But they earnt it honestly, as did Arsenal and Liverpool etc. None of these clubs ever bought practically every good player going simply to stop other clubs getting them (not that I can remember anyway, if I am mistaken you'll probably remind me, but if it did happen it wasn't in a systematic way like Chelsea seem to be doing now). We might hate each other, but that's purely down to football reasons. But none of us could ever be called a cancer on the game, unlike others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yea, its only chelsea who are corrupt in football. :rolleyes:

Only gob****es would call chelsea a cancer on the game though.

Chelsea havent bought practically ever good player going either. I can name plenty of qualifty players who have been transfered this summer to a team other then chelsea.

Whos bought clubs and players to stop other clubs buying them?:confused: Please, show me a link from a decent source saying where this has happened.

The Muppet wrote:
    Does your indignation at crooks involved in football clubs only apply to Fergie? I see from you sig that you support Shelbourne FC, Maybe you should look a little nearer home to see real crooks , ones that have been convicted and jailed for real crime before pontificating about the ignorance of others.

* I am referring to Ollie Bynes 6 month jail stint for his part in the raid on Carrols Cigarette Factory in 1983.

Ollie Byrne done time for something unrelated to football. I'm talking about illegal activity in football. (Although I wouldn't agree with having the country's biggest drug dealer play in my team, but it didn't bother a certain other LoI club).

seansouth wrote:
    I think you better change that.

Why? It's all been documented in the book Broken Dreams. All the crooks like Ferguson and Redknapp were exposed. Not one chose to take legal action. Says it all really.

Bungs seem to be the norm in football and to be fair i would believe that every team at every level of the game, be it premiership or league 2 or even the conference, is guilty of taking bungs, tapping players up, etc. I accept that even my beloved arsenal are involved in a bit of illegal activity from time to time. It is not just the superpowers that are flexing their financial muscle either. In an ideal world the game would be fair and gracious and played in good spirit like gaa or rugby, however it is hard to envisage this ever happening when the most corrupt people in football are those who govern it. The panorama special with a certain el presedente's carry ons from a few months back should indicate who im referring to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In an ideal world the game would be fair and gracious and played in good spirit like gaa

hhahahahahaha. You'd never see an engineered draw in GAA now, would you?

Stekelly wrote:

Or shocking on-field violence....

Zebra3 wrote:
    Or putting referee's in the boots of cars...

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote:
    Why? It's all been documented in the book Broken Dreams. All the crooks like Ferguson and Redknapp were exposed. .

Apologies, I didn't realise it was in a book, It must be true so.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I think they're now just part and parcel of the game, the rules involving transfers and approaching player continue to be broken that they're now basically irrevelant.

Just because corruption is part and parcel of something and is carried on doesnt make it legal and doesnt make it right! Its the same in other sphere's in this world. And as was pointed out by another contributor, it is taking money out of the game and the only money being put into the game directly or indirectly are from punters, fans, etc, ie: people going to games and people watching games. All the money going in is from the 'person on the street', so if money is being taken out, it is YOUR money and my money and from everybody here (unless there are some here that are receiving money illegally from football).

Of course the fans are not 'organised' to affect the sport and how it is goverened, operated and policed. We are like the lemmings who are moving irrevocably to the cliff edge and falling over, with our euro's in our pocket. We dont have a collective brain, alas. Has there ever been a fan strike? I think Man U with the Glazier's takeover had a stab at it but there wasnt the bottle for it or enough support.

Bungs are still wrong, irregardless of fan's (lemmings?) lack of indignation.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Zebra3 wrote:
    Ferguson is also one of the chief crooks in English football making thinly veiled threats to youth players to sign up for his son's agency or they could be out the door. Luckily for him, Old Trafford fills up with 70,000 muppetsevery second week who haven't got a clue about football and what it means.

If anyone is looking for an example of Swooping statements in the future then this is it.

While I agree Man Utd, and most succesful teams, have a large amount of muppet supporters I totally disagree that 70,000 of them turn up to old trafford every 2nd week.

And as for the GAA comments if you don't like it then don't watch it, noboby is forcing you to. This is the soccer forum, lets stick to talking about that.

back on topic, I'm very interested to see what the documentry reports, and who the 6 managers are. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Fergie involved or Redknapp but I wonder who the rest are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Zebra3 wrote:

Hang on, were not dealing with match fixing like in Seria A , or doping like in cycling .
    Put things in perspective , if you were offered a little sweetener in your employment would you take it ??
    i know i would .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Harry Redknapp has already admitted he spoke to a German guy...

Linkage: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=415344&CPID=8&clid=47&lid=&title=Redknapp+denies+wrongdoing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

To me there are a few names that come to pass. Redknapp (honestly, the man is the worlds best used car salesman), Allerdice and Bolton in general. Kenyon & Chelsea, Fergie & Man U, Arsenal, Portsmouth and West Ham. Thats off the top of my head.

In fairness if you dug in I would say every single premiership club and manager is envolved in something wrotten!

thebaz wrote:
    Hang on, were not dealing with match fixing like in Seria A , or doping like in cycling .
    Put things in perspective , if you were offered a little sweetener in your employment would you take it ??
    i know i would .

Cash in Hand ;)

AthAnRi wrote:
    If anyone is looking for an example of Swooping statements in the future then this is it.

While I agree Man Utd, and most succesful teams, have a large amount of muppet supporters I totally disagree that 70,000 of them turn up to old trafford every 2nd week.

You're entitled to disagree with it, but I stand by it.
    AthAnRi wrote:
    And as for the GAA comments if you don't like it then don't watch it, noboby is forcing you to. This is the soccer forum, lets stick to talking about that.

I don't watch GAA. Somebody else brought up how it was played in such good spirit (which it's not) so take it up with them. And I didn't realise you were an admin.

Stekelly wrote:

zebra3 wrote:

ok i stand corrected.

what i really meant is in gaa or rugby when a game is over its over. theres no wenger-ferguson-mourinho style back bitching or animosity or people shouting their mouth off in the press. i mean apart from the on pitch niggling, there wasnt holy war over the cork cummins sliothars scandal was there?? and paul caffrey didnt shout his mouth off about the mayo selectors or vice versa. maybe not good spirit as such but i feel theres more maturity shown in the long scheme of things

• Advertisement

ok i stand corrected.

what i really meant is in gaa or rugby when a game is over its over. theres no wenger-ferguson-mourinho style back bitching or animosity or people shouting their mouth off in the press. i mean apart from the on pitch niggling, there wasnt holy war over the cork cummins sliothars scandal was there?? and paul caffrey didnt shout his mouth off about the mayo selectors or vice versa. maybe not good spirit as such but i feel theres more maturity shown in the long scheme of things

You also seemed to have missed this post about a fine GAA post-match tradition:
    MrJoeSoap wrote:

Worse than Wenger/Mourinho/Ferguson having a pop at each other? :rolleyes:

EDIT>Today's Guardian:
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1869638,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Zebra3 wrote:
    I don't watch GAA. Somebody else brought up how it was played in such good spirit (which it's not) so take it up with them. And I didn't realise you were an admin.

If you don't watch GAA then how can you comment on it or refer to posts by other people. E.g.

Not a mod or anything but stay on topic and leave the GAA bashing to the GAA forum.

On Topic this will prob never be aired and to be honest a few people could be surprised by the people fingered in it, cant really be Utd after all the problems they had and started to release all the details since then of there transfer so it could be any club from the top right down to the bottom of the league so speculation on who it could be is just gossip. Harry has already came out and said he spoke to someone but the whole squad was there so not many underhanded dealing would go on in front of the whole squad

Arsenal have nicked a few youth players off Barca which left a bad relationship with Barca so could be something there

I know all about how dealing with agents can ruin a club, Shef Wed's "board" a few seasons ago when they where at the top where always doing dodgy deals and paying money under the table etc, then they got relagated and the true dept of the club was revealed only for the chairman to reassign and get one of the top jobs in the FA a couple of weeks later

Big Nelly wrote:
    If you don't watch GAA then how can you comment on it or refer to posts by other people. E.g

There have been a few very well publicised brawls in the GAA lately, so you dont have to do anymore than watch the news or read the paper to know about it.
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Not a mod or anything but stay on topic and leave the GAA bashing to the GAA forum.

HE didnt bring it up, it was a response to a view that the gaa is somehow holier than thou.

Is it ok to go ot and talk about the GAA as long as it's favourable?

Stekelly wrote:
    There have been a few very well publicised brawls in the GAA lately, so you dont have to do anymore than watch the news or read the paper to know about it.

HE didnt bring it up, it was a response to a view that the gaa is somehow holier than thou.

Is it ok to go ot and talk about the GAA as long as it's favourable?

Its ok to talk about the GAA and its faults in the GAA forum, this is the soccer forum so I guess you would talk about soccer and its many faults here. Avid watched of both sports and I know all about the faults of the GAA and the faults of soccer. Taking the view to just bash the GAA in a thread about one of the major faults in soccer is just trying to make out the bungs etc been taking in soccer is not that serious!

Big Nelly wrote:
    Its ok to talk about the GAA and its faults in the GAA forum, this is the soccer forum so I guess you would talk about soccer and its many faults here. Avid watched of both sports and I know all about the faults of the GAA and the faults of soccer. Taking the view to just bash the GAA in a thread about one of the major faults in soccer is just trying to make out the bungs etc been taking in soccer is not that serious!

Are you taking the piss? The GAA was brought into the discussion by someone saying how great and true and honourable it is. I feel we are perfectly entitled to reply explaining how it isnt and suffers from problems just like soccer.

Zebra3 wrote:
    You're entitled to disagree with it, but I stand by it.

SteKelly wrote:

Ok I disagree with it 100%. I also think it's idiotic to make such a generalisation. Chances are you have never even been to old Trafford. Who do you support BTW?

Secondly if you don't watch GAA then How can you comment on it? That would be like me making a comment about the ball tampering incident in the Englan Pakistan Cricket Match. Can I pressume that this is a fair reflection on the game in general. I don't watch it or have never been to a Game but I guess because this Isolated incident made the News it's gotta be a fair reflection on the Game as a whole. It must be the most corrupt game in the world. Next thing we will all form opinions based on whats written in the Sun. Thank god that day is far away :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

AthAnRi wrote:
    Secondly if you don't watch GAA then How can you comment on it? That would be like me making a comment about the ball tampering incident in the Englan Pakistan Cricket Match. Can I pressume that this is a fair reflection on the game in general. I don't watch it or have never been to a Game but I guess because this Isolated incident made the News it's gotta be a fair reflection on the Game as a whole. It must be the most corrupt game in the world. Next thing we will all form opinions based on whats written in the Sun. Thank god that day is far away :rolleyes:

You wouldnthave to even have a passing interest in GAA to know this statement isnt true. "In an ideal world the game would be fair and gracious and played in good spirit like gaa " So I feel it's fair to point out flaws in his statement.

Stekelly wrote:
    You wouldnthave to even have a passing interest in GAA to know this statement isnt true. "In an ideal world the game would be fair and gracious and played in good spirit like gaa " So I feel it's fair to point out flaws in his statement.

I agree it's a fair point to point out it's flaws if you have at the minimum a passing interest in it. If as Zebra3 suggests he doesn't then how can he possbly point out the flaws in it? You can only go with other peoples opinions. which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

How can someone criticise something they don't understand?

On a side point I personally agree with the statement made. Ive been to a lot of GAA matches and the greatest thing about it is the fact that at the end of a match regardless of what has happened on the pitch people will still shake hads afterwards. The fact the fans are not segregated into home and away sections is testament to this. But that's off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

MrJoeSoap wrote:

what?

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    what?

Happens in football and GAA. Players/Officials/Fans take offence at refereeing decisions and "kidnap" the ref for a bit. I'm surprised you havnt heard bout it.

Stekelly wrote:
    Happens in football and GAA. Players/Officials/Fans take offence at refereeing decisions and "kidnap" the ref for a bit. I'm surprised you havnt heard bout it.

Was on TV earlier the ref in the Boca game walked off after half time because either the manager/chairman made threats against him, so he walked off and the game was cancelled. If we want to talk about ref's been abused watch any of the clips from Argentina/brazil where the ref are battered by fans/players/club official at different times because of dicisions

• Advertisement

AthAnRi wrote:
    Ok I disagree with it 100%. I also think it's idiotic to make such a generalisation.Chances are you have never even been to old Trafford.

I think it's idiotic to make such a generalisation. I have been to Old Trafford.
    AthAnRi wrote:
    Who do you support BTW?:

I'll give you another couple of weeks and see if you can work it out.*
    AthAnRi wrote:
    Secondly if you don't watch GAA then How can you comment on it?

By looking at the news and reading the papers. Even the violence at junior GAA matches regularly makes the Herald.
    AthAnRi wrote:
    That would be like me making a comment about the ball tampering incident in the Englan Pakistan Cricket Match. Can I pressume that this is a fair reflection on the game in general. I don't watch it or have never been to a Game but I guess because this Isolated incident made the News it's gotta be a fair reflection on the Game as a whole. It must be the most corrupt game in the world. Next thing we will all form opinions based on whats written in the Sun. Thank god that day is far away :rolleyes:

Couldn't give a toss if you commented on cricket.

*If you're still stuck, take a look at my sig.

Athanri wrote:
    Ok I disagree with it 100%. I also think it's idiotic to make such a generalisation.Chances are you have never even been to old Trafford.
    Zebra3 wrote:
    I think it's idiotic to make such a generalisation. I have been to Old Trafford.

Wasn't really a generalisation more postulation. And it looks like I was wrong. I hold my hands up. I'm gonna make another assumption:eek: , I take it you interviewed the 76,000 capacity and deduced from the results of your extensive research that 70,000 of the crowd knew nothing about football? Good work if ya can get it.
    Athanri wrote:
    Who do you support BTW?:
    Zebra3 wrote:
    I'll give you another couple of weeks and see if you can work it out.**If you're still stuck, take a look at my sig.

I don't really know much about Shelbourne. I could probably make some ignorant sweeping comments about them but it wouldn't be very clever of me. Plus watching paint dry is something I prefer to save for a rainy day.:p

Athanri wrote:
    Secondly if you don't watch GAA then How can you comment on it?
    Zebra3 wrote:
    By looking at the news and reading the papers. Even the violence at junior GAA matches regularly makes the Herald.

so by 'looking' at the news and reading the papers so much you will have noticed that the media rarely report the good news only the bad. Since I know F**k all about football (Having spent last Saturday evening touring around Old Trafford) and only make judgements on it related to news stories I think that the players are rapists, the fans racists, the managers crooks and the clubs in general corrupt.:rolleyes:
    Athanri wrote:
    That would be like me making a comment about the ball tampering incident in the Englan Pakistan Cricket Match. Can I pressume that this is a fair reflection on the game in general. I don't watch it or have never been to a Game but I guess because this Isolated incident made the News it's gotta be a fair reflection on the Game as a whole. It must be the most corrupt game in the world. Next thing we will all form opinions based on whats written in the Sun. Thank god that day is far away
    zebra wrote:
    Couldn't give a toss if you commented on cricket.

So would it be fair to assume that you are unwilling to take my point onboard? That perhaps you may be intolerant of my opinion and that no matter how well I argue my points, your opinion about GAA and Man Utd will remain unaltered?

AthAnRi wrote:
    so by 'looking' at the news and reading the papers so much you will have noticed that the media rarely report the good news only the bad. Since I know F**k all about football (Having spent last Saturday evening touring around Old Trafford) and only make judgements on it related to news stories I think that the players are rapists, the fans racists, the managers crooks and the clubs in general corrupt.:rolleyes:

You really should read what people write in the thread. One poster claimed GAA and rugby was played with, something along the lines of a wholesome, may the best man win, old chaps attitude. Myself and some other posters merely pointed out that that comment was untrue. None of us said that everyone in either sport was a thug or that everyone was a scumbag. We merely pointed out that there are incidents, serious incidents, happening in GAA which proved his point incorrect.

However, feel free to keep blabbing on....Some of us seem to have hit a nerve with you. Things said here that were to close to the truth? :eek:

Btw, touring Old Trafford hardly makes you an expert on football, if that's what you are trying to say. I've gone through the Guggenheim and it certainly didn't make me an expert on art. ;)

Zebra3 first of all can you stay on topic, this is not the GAA forum so as I mentioned before if you want to complain about GAA with your extensive knowledge(The Hearld) of the sport then hit the GAA forum. Yes someone made a comment earlier, but that was on page one. Also quoting that you read the Hearld and you are basing your information on that is terrible to be honest, the Hearld is worse than the Sun for making up stories and just outright lies to try and sell the paper. The only place in the country people buy it is in Dublin, seems the Dubs are more gullible(oh yeah I live in Dub)

Anyway anyone read this story which is what this thread is about:

#

DAILY EXPRESS

# The Daily Express can today reveal hard evidence of transfer irregularities in English football which names and shames four of the games institutions, Arsenal, Everton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Zebra3 first of all can you stay on topic, this is not the GAA forum so as I mentioned before if you want to complain about GAA with your extensive knowledge(The Hearld) of the sport then hit the GAA forum. Yes someone made a comment earlier, but that was on page one. Also quoting that you read the Hearld and you are basing your information on that is terrible to be honest, the Hearld is worse than the Sun for making up stories and just outright lies to try and sell the paper. The only place in the country people buy it is in Dublin, seems the Dubs are more gullible(oh yeah I live in Dub)

Anyway anyone read this story which is what this thread is about:

#

DAILY EXPRESS

# The Daily Express can today reveal hard evidence of transfer irregularities in English football which names and shames four of the games institutions, Arsenal, Everton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn.

Slightly surprised that Blackburn may be involved. Sparky? Middlesborough Steve Mclaren? Interesting to see what could happen there.

AthAnRi wrote:
    Slightly surprised that Blackburn may be involved. Sparky? Middlesborough Steve Mclaren? Interesting to see what could happen there.

Blackburn was a strange one, maybe some of the foreign deals with Boro could be called into question is all I can think, will be funny after they chased Liverpool over there deal to sign the German guys(name escapes me now, sat on bench for season).

As mentioned before I was thinking Arsenal, wonder has it anything to do with the Barca transfers that got barca in such ahump. Everton where mentioned in France about a dodgy dealing for a striker they sold in 1999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well weren't Arsenal part of an investigation about a month ago for bringing in Ivory Coast players? I can't remember the details of the whole thing, but maybe it has something to do with that.

Big Nelly wrote:
    seems the Dubs are more gullible(oh yeah I live in Dub)

And you want him to stay on topic? :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote:
    You really should read what people write in the thread. One poster claimed GAA and rugby was played with, something along the lines of a wholesome, may the best man win, old chaps attitude. Myself and some other posters merely pointed out that that comment was untrue. None of us said that everyone in either sport was a thug or that everyone was a scumbag. We merely pointed out that there are incidents, serious incidents, happening in GAA which proved his point incorrect.

However, feel free to keep blabbing on....Some of us seem to have hit a nerve with you. Things said here that were to close to the truth? :eek:

Btw, touring Old Trafford hardly makes you an expert on football, if that's what you are trying to say. I've gone through the Guggenheim and it certainly didn't make me an expert on art. ;)

:confused: :rolleyes: I give up. It's obvious you can't see how flawed your arguement(s) is/are.

Well weren't Arsenal part of an investigation about a month ago for bringing in Ivory Coast players? I can't remember the details of the whole thing, but maybe it has something to do with that.

That was a Belgium club that where a feeder or something and they named arsenal. not sure of the exact details but it was brushed aside. Thought it was the season before as well but could be wrong.
    And you want him to stay on topic?

The usual soccer one, pick out part of a sentance and then quote it so that if someone doesnt read the rest of the post then they will think I am attacking Dubs or something. And yes I do want to stay on topic but if you and Zebra want to pull a bit out of every post and try to go off on your little rants then by all means fire ahead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement