Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panorama To Expose 6 Managers????

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Big Nelly wrote:
    DAILY EXPRESS

# The Daily Express can today reveal hard evidence of transfer irregularities in English football which names and shames four of the games institutions, Arsenal, Everton, Middlesbrough and Blackburn.

As an Everton fan , do i care that there are transfer irregularities at Goodison ?
    No - if it was match fixing, performance enhancing drugs or some serious offence , then i would be concerned .
    I wouldn't say there is a professional club (or any business) in the world that has not being involved in some form of dodgy dealing , but it is a good scoop for the media , now that the transfer window is shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Well weren't Arsenal part of an investigation about a month ago for bringing in Ivory Coast players? I can't remember the details of the whole thing, but maybe it has something to do with that.

I think they got off with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Big Nelly wrote:
    The usual soccer one, pick out part of a sentance and then quote it so that if someone doesnt read the rest of the post then they will think I am attacking Dubs or something. And yes I do want to stay on topic but if you and Zebra want to pull a bit out of every post and try to go off on your little rants then by all means fire ahead.

Me and Zebra? We're a team now are we? Because we don't agree with what you're saying?

You said you think Dubs are more gullible (no sarcastic smiley so I'm assuming you were serious), and then when I question you about its relevance to the thread, you go on the defensive but completely ignore the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

thebaz wrote:
    As an Everton fan , do i care that there are transfer irregularities at Goodison ?
    No - if it was match fixing, performance enhancing drugs or some serious offence , then i would be concerned .
    I wouldn't say there is a professional club (or any business) in the world that has not being involved in some form of dodgy dealing , but it is a good scoop for the media , now that the transfer window is shut.

I agree with this to a point in that it's not really gonna cost you points or anything and it's certainly not as serious issue as far as the club is concerned. However if it's Moyes that's involved and Everton are pissed off about that he is taking bungs then it's possible that he could get sacked. That would be a cause for concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Me and Zebra? We're a team now are we? Because we don't agree with what you're saying?

You said you think Dubs are more gullible (no sarcastic smiley so I'm assuming you were serious), and then when I question you about its relevance to the thread, you go on the defensive but completely ignore the point.

Ok read back, Zebra made a reference to finding out his GAA "knowledge" from the Hearld, my point was the Hearld is a rag and the only people that buy it are from Dublin because they seem to think the stories are real, the irish row in camp is one I can think of, where as outside of Dublin nobody buys the rag.

If you want proof checking the overall %of sales of the Sun and the Hearld outside the Dublin area per day. You will be lucky if either of them get close to 5% of there overall sales of these "papers" outside of Dublin area.

Oh yeah where did we not agree? I asked to stay on topic. Read the heading, it has nothing to do with GAA, the comment was made on the first page and this is the 3rd page and after numerous people have said to go back on topic we still are having to reply to posts that have nothing to do with the Expose of the Managers/clubs. Can you actual quote one of your posts which have given your point/view on the topic?

AthAnRi wrote:
    I agree with this to a point in that it's not really gonna cost you points or anything and it's certainly not as serious issue as far as the club is concerned. However if it's Moyes that's involved and Everton are pissed off about that he is taking bungs then it's possible that he could get sacked. That would be a cause for concern.

The deals that I have heards Everton are involved in that are dodgy are before Moyes took over as manager so it could be at a higher level, but again this is all guess work and the press will just keep puttin up exposes till the TV show is screened just to sell papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Big Nelly wrote:
    Ok read back, Zebra made a reference to finding out his GAA "knowledge" from the Hearld, my point was the Hearld is a rag and the only people that buy it are from Dublin because they seem to think the stories are real, the irish row in camp is one I can think of, where as outside of Dublin nobody buys the rag.

If you want proof checking the overall %of sales of the Sun and the Hearld outside the Dublin area per day. You will be lucky if either of them get close to 5% of there overall sales of these "papers" outside of Dublin area.
    I think the Herald principally being bought in Dublin is more to do with its availability, or lack there of, outside the Dublin area.

As regards The Sun, I'm sure if there is a large percentage of sales being in Dublin will again be as a result of the percentage of the population residing in and around the greater Dublin area.

But then again, I'm the reason that the main reason behind most papers being bought and read in Dublin is more to do with boggers being illiterate more than anything else ;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Big Nelly wrote:
    my point was the Hearld is a rag and the only people that buy it are from Dublin because they seem to think the stories are real, the irish row in camp is one I can think of, where as outside of Dublin nobody buys the rag.

Your point was that people from Dublin are gullible, which you qualified by pointing out that you live in Dublin. I don't think I even need to have an opinion on this topic to be slightly offended by that. I'm well aware that the Herald sells proportionately far more in Dublin than outside it.

I don't buy an evening paper, but my parents (who are from Meath and Cavan), read the Herald. Are they gullible?
    Read the heading, it has nothing to do with GAA

Don't think it has anything to do with the Evening Herald or how gullible people from Dublin are either, doesn't stop it being mentioned.
    Oh yeah where did we not agree?

Um.... might have been when you said "The only place in the country people buy it is in Dublin, seems the Dubs are more gullible(oh yeah I live in Dub)"
    Can you actual quote one of your posts which have given your point/view on the topic?

I stated that I hoped Harry Redknapp was involved. Short, simple and very much on-topic. I kept reading until I saw what you wrote, when I felt the need to reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Big Nelly wrote:
    The deals that I have heards Everton are involved in that are dodgy are before Moyes took over as manager so it could be at a higher level, but again this is all guess work and the press will just keep puttin up exposes till the TV show is screened just to sell papers

To be honest, like many Evertonians , i would be glad to see the back of our unpopular owner Bill Kenwright, but the problem is the club seam unpopular to investors , and has supposedly been looking, unsuccessfully, for investment for the past few years -- i would welcome a change of ownership , but can't see it happening -- so i fear nothing !!!

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote:
    To be honest, like many Evertonians , i would be glad to see the back of our unpopular owner Bill Kenwright, but the problem is the club seam unpopular to investors , and has supposedly been looking, unsuccessfully, for investment for the past few years -- i would welcome a change of ownership , but can't see it happening -- so i fear nothing !!!

Think you will find the stadium is a major draw back for Everton, its will not be easy to upgrade and they need to find a new location like Liverpool have(heard that got passed by the government) if they got planning you would soon find an investor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Big Nelly wrote:
    Zebra3 first of all can you stay on topic, this is not the GAA forum so as I mentioned before if you want to complain about GAA with your extensive knowledge(The Hearld) of the sport then hit the GAA forum. Yes someone made a comment earlier, but that was on page one.

Yes, someone made a comment on page one, but yourself and others keep going bananas because some of us stated that what they posted was incorrect.

Advertisement