Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with SNET?

• 09-09-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

First, this is not to advertise SNET or its services, anyone asking for information can simply go to the website.

I know that many new members signed up last year but haven't heard anything from SNET about their accounts, services etc and didnt get their accounts until November (some may not have gotten their accounts at all).
    Cathal (then admin and chairperson) had a problems moving SNET to the Cork Road campus when TSSG relocated. The server was down for a good while and accounts were not setup as promised. This is partially because of difficulties in finding a suitable place in the college to host the server, and also because SNET broke college policy (something to do with hosting domains of a commercial nature).

The reason I am posting this here is because I am sure that there are WIT students who signed up on SNET, and are boardsies. SNET is currantly down at the moment and I wont be able to take a look until Monday, consequently our forums are unavailable, so you can contact me by PM with any questions/queries. I will let you know when SNET comes back up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I checked the SNET server this morning, its running just fine. The reason its not accessable right now is that it was accidentally placed on a Virtual LAN which is isolated from the rest of the college network, I spoke to the IT manager and he will have one of the systems admins place the port SNET is connected to back onto the college network, sorting the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Snet is back online again..

Advertisement