Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

• 09-09-2006 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Starting college Monday and looking for a place to rent.
    Going into 3rd year Applied Computing and I’m looking for a place for the year. Not knowing the place I’m wondering if any1 knows of anywhere looking for a 3rd yr student, or if you could advise any particular area to attempt to stay when I start looking then. I know short notice but only found out I have a place in the course yesterday :) lucky me...

Double bed preferred but not essential, have to have my own room.
    Close enough to the college though I can cycle.
    Broadband if possible but not essential.

Any information would be appreciated.

TheJester
    Dublin
    emal: jester {dot} ie {at} gmail {dot} com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Have u tried those riverwalk apartments. Bye the way you start a monday have you been told what time you start on a monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

There are usually places to be had in Templars Hall area. Near to college, great new houses.

There are also plenty of places up around Lismore Park, but they are older, crappier houses.

Other then that College accomodation should be had easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Check out the ads section in the munster express and the waterford news and star. A quick visit to google will turn up their webpages which are updated weekly.

www.daft.ie

Also visit www.goldenpages.ie and call some of the letting agencies in Waterford.

Congrats on getting the course and welcome to WIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Have you tried Manor Village? Im there, and while at reception the other day, a young came in having never applied to manor before that day, and asked had they any accomodation left. Half an hour later she was in her room. Its a long shot, but if youre stuck you should deffinately try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tickledpinkfair

Get in touch with the WIT accomodations office they usually have a list of places available n are pretty helpful to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Hi ya there. I am living in Kilkenny and travelling up and down via car. I was thinking of moving down to live in waterford for college and I found some dose of apartments that look feckin nice! De Bruin Court might be a good choice for ya - close to town and almost opposite College St. Campus (and not that far a cycle from Main Campus. Its a letting agency that has all of these.... the web address is www.caliconproperty.ie - GOOD LUCK :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

What ever you do stay away from johns st / hill area. You will be awake till 4am every night, and woken at 8am on weekend and mid week, i rented one for a few months, Worts few months of my life. Tey the cork road area.

And www.daft.ie is deffinatly the place to look. some places from 120€ a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Caterpillar

anti wrote:
    And www.daft.ie is deffinatly the place to look. some places from 120€ a month

DAFT tends to be very expensive....go to local newspapers and notice boards for real value for money.

Advertisement