Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ISPs having terrible service on and off over the last 2 weeks

• 09-09-2006 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I'm told that there is an underlying problem with the whole internet backbone over the last couple of weeks no matter who your isp is. Traffic to your isp is ok, but when it leave your isp and is routed whereever (particularly through UK servers) that is when problems happen.

Its intermittant and thats why the other isps havent picked it up allegedly.

Ping some sites (eg clarity.jolt.co.uk) with ping plotter and the problems occur after your isp.

Dont know much about it myself but if anyone can test this theory i can go back and say its rubbish.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Utter bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Thats what i thought, but then i tried pinging various sites with ping plotter and there is a lot of packet loss through uk servers.
    I dont think its possible either but Why would that high packet loss through different uk servers (also dutch ones but not as much) happen?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Who is your ISP(s)?

Advertisement