Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J300i thailand

• 09-09-2006 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I have a se J300i, does anyone know if this will work in thailand and if so what are the rates etc?

And if not does anyone know how much a cheap mobile that can text ireland would be over there and a sim card??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Google is your friend.

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_th.shtml

Your J300i is dual band so you will be able to use both 900 and 1800 networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The SE J300i is actually not a dual band phone, it's a tri-band phone! As such, it will be able to use 900, 1800 and 1900 networks.

Really?

Thats not what SE say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I havent really got a clue about this tri-band dual band stuff!
    I just need to know if it will work over there cos I dont know what band thailand is nor do i know what band my phone is!!

Ok i just realised my phoen is locked to meteor and although il be able to get it unlocked, it will take a couple of weeks for meteor to sort it out, so I wont be bringing the phone.

So anyone know how much it would be for a thai phone and sim?

• Advertisement

I havent really got a clue about this tri-band dual band stuff!
    I just need to know if it will work over there cos I dont know what band thailand is nor do i know what band my phone is!!

Try reading the links I posted then ffs! Honestly if people make the effort to help at least you could do is read their posts. All the info you need is there.
    Ok i just realised my phoen is locked to meteor and although il be able to get it unlocked, it will take a couple of weeks for meteor to sort it out, so I wont be bringing the phone.

Thats irrelevant. All locked phones will work on any foreign network whilst in roaming mode. Whats key is whether Meoteor have a roaming agreement with a Telco in Thailand. (knowing meteor they dont, but you need to check)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Really?

Thats not what SE say

You're correct, I was getting it confused with the K300i, which is tri-band:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver=4001&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10226

The J300i, however, is not. Thanks for correcting me.

Ok i have an unlocked panbasonic gd70 over here, and got a thai sim and the lad in the shop set it all up. it rings other phones in thailand but wont ring nor text back home. Anyone help me wiith this?

Ive been using 0035386 followed by the number, anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

+35386. I don't know if 00 is the international access code from Thailand. + should work though. Of course, it depends whether the operator has a bar of foreign texts/calls being made.

Yep sounds like an international bar to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement