Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oboe lessons

Options
  • 09-09-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm looking for someone that can give me some Oboe lessons?
    (Adult ex brass band player).

I think the music shop in town close to O'Neills pub may do them but wondering if anyone in south dub that I could drive to quicker?

Please help, it's the least intuitive instrument I've ever seen so I can get a noise but have no idea what to do next!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

They certainly would have an Oboe teacher in Walton's which is on Geroge's St (I think that's where you're thinking of) Where in South Dublin would be handy for you as I think the Newtown Park School of Music in Blackrock would probably have a teacher too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭peaches79

Hi There, thanks for that- I'm in Ballycullen so either would be handy. Would one be 'better' over the other? Any advantages in either?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the oboe teachers in either.

I did singing and clarinet lessons myself in Waltons and found them to be fine.

Advertisement