Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf mk5 questions audio/fuel consumption

Options
  • 09-09-2006 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi, lookin to put a decent audio system in my golf mk5. Its got a computer stereo panel system, so i dont know where to look for head units / panels etc, anyone guide me to a set up that would fit nicely without looking too out of place?

bought my last system on caraudiosecurity.com, anyone recommend similar sites?

Also, are the 2.0 mk5 gti a/t DSG's ridiculously inefficient or what cause im after using half the tank in a day. Fair enough i was popping it into sport mode and driving it hard here and there but half a tank! I can actually see the fuel gauge moving sometimes, thats not good!

Finally, about the speed warning tool, is there anyway of making the beeping sound louder or constant cause it only makes a little subtle noise when you exceed the limit.

Cheers
    Will

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Just purchased 1 of these, just waiting for delivery. Got it on e-bay for half of what all the locallers are quoting. (It'll double as my phone car kit!!)

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069880_291147633,00.html

As regard fuel consumption, I'm getting aboot 640km per tank at this stage, 13k km on the clock, DSG. C*nting around in S-mode tends to take at least 100km out of a tank, but it's worth it !!

Worst thing is driving around town, fuel consumption is pants.

(ps Have you tried the launch control yet ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

i like the sound of launch control what is it? :D

did you remove the whole standard head unit?, any pictures of the car dash? wanna see it before i splash out!

Launch Control
    Double check to see if it should be in S mode.

There are some videos on it, check :
    DSG vs 6-Speed

Make sure your car is broken in, ie not a week old, thats the advice I've heard, its meant to be hard on the clutch aswell.

Haven't tried it yet, will do soon !!

Loco wrote:
    did you remove the whole standard head unit?, any pictures of the car dash? wanna see it before i splash out!

Whole headunit will be coming out. Have already fitted a Denison Ice FM, but that'll be coming out. It's also broken anyway.

Have the headunit, and cable adaptor, just waiting on the facia adaptor and the ipod adaptor.

Facia and Ipod adaptor are sold out around Ireland, should have both next week. Will post pictures then.

very nice reads! yeah car has been broken in, 6000km

• Advertisement

so hows that system coming along? any pictures yet

Loco wrote:
    so hows that system coming along? any pictures yet

Am in the middle of moving house at the moment, hectic stuff.

Got the fascia adaptor during the week. Need to get the ipod adaptor for the headunit, not sure if I'll wait and fit the HU and then the ipod adaptor or just do them separate. Will see.

Advertisement