Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gore in 08

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

laws are open to interpretation, 2 stroke motorbike engines are banned in america, but you can still get a tax break for buying a Hummer 1mpg penis extention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭freddyfreeload

I very much doubt emissions are the issue, US emission standards have actually been ahead of Europe for decades (several European manufacturers were forced to withdraw various models from the US market in the 70's because of emissions) and we're only catching up now
    Well it's a long time since the 70's now. I can't recall the exact figures from the film, but his presentation looked pretty impressive. Japan on the top, the EU in the middle, then China, then the US. Maybe he's wrong. But go and see the film and see what you think.
    California in particular has had very strict limits for many years (pollutants, not fuel consumption, because smog is the problem not fuel tax.)
    Yeah, I think petro companies are holding things up by trying to sue California and others, or maybe the EPA, over this.

Advertisement