Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6680 power problems

• 09-09-2006 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Ahoi.

Got myself a new 6680 with an O2 contract through the O2 online shop. Everything delivered and activated in a surprisingly short amount of time. Phone switched on fine after taking it out of the box with a halfish charge in the battery. Had a poke around it and then turned it off.

Yesterday came, had the phone on for 2 or 3 hours and decided that it needed a charge. Plugged the charger in and it all seemed to be fine - message pops up on the phone 'Charging' and the battery meter starts flashing as it normally would. I leave it on and charging for about 2 hours. Unplug the mobile and the battery meter is still on half way, it hasn't increased at all. Thought that was odd, but went ahead and used it anyway. It was showing a low battery warning last night, so left it on and plugged into the charger when i went to sleep.

Woke up this morning to it totally dead, still plugged into the charger. Tried turning it on, absolutely no juice. I've tried 3 different nokia chargers now, and none of them seem to do anything. I went into an O2 shop and they tried another charger on it, but said they could do nothing more with it since I got it through the O2 online shop. They said I should send it back.

I'm going to give O2 a buzz in a while to see what they say about it, but has anyone head of this problem with a 6680 before? Is my only option to package it all back up and send it off to O2 again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Never had any problems like that, sounds like you have a dodgey battery, like the tayto ad says, theres always one. Package up the lot and send it back to O2 (or you can bring it into an O2 store) they will replace the battery at the very least. You are entitled by law to a full refund, repair or replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I gave O2 a ring and they said that RCI Service Solutions will have to take a look at the phone. I asked if I could just bring it into an O2 shop or one of the nokia service centres, but they said that it had to go through RCI. Apparently they do a pick-up service, so we'll see how it goes.

Advertisement