Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get VB6 cheaply?

Options
  • 09-09-2006 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Was just wondering if anybody knows where i could get VB6 for my laptop at a cheap price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

My advice, dont bother with VB6 at all, head on over to: http://***n.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/ and download the free Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Why is the start of that filtered out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

*** ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

My advice, dont bother with VB6 at all, head on over to: http://***n.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/ and download the free Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition for free.
    Of course, VB6 could be a requirement, and thus "get .Net" is a useless answer.
    Why is the start of that filtered out
    ***N. Curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Aidan, AFAIK, Microsoft neither sell nor support Visual Basic 6. Therefore you cannot legally aquire Visual Studio 6 from them. There are two choices:

1. Get a copy Of VB.net (express edition is free but downloads stop on the 1st November).
    2. Get a copy of Visual Studio 6 from someone willing to sell their copy.

VB .net will compile and run VB 6 programmes, but generally it will convert them where the syntax has changed. Really, colleges should drop any VB 6 modules in their courses and switch over to .net, especially as they can aquire the express editions (which are free in perpetuity).

I have Visual Studio Express, all bar the ASP.net Developer studio because I code in PHP and XHTML/CSS so as to avoid IE-Only technology.

• Advertisement
Advertisement