Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem enrolling to electives

Options
  • 09-09-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

I saw in that other thread 2nd years can enroll to 1st year modules. Is this true for all modules? I tried to enroll to a 1st law one, but whenever i do loads of errors come up around the page saying

-6502ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error

and all the other courses seem to be gone from the list. Its weird... can i not enroll to that course or something?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Another symptom of a very badly programmed system, done in a hurry.

What you're seeing is a database error. Basically Stuweb (which is a program called Banner) sits on top of an Oracle database, which does all the heavy work of finding your name and programme when you log into the SIS.

Because last year's enrolment system was so unfriendly they kludged a pretty user interface on top of the banner system. However they obviously didn't do enough testing, because they should be catching these errors and reminding you to re-register etc.

Advertisement