Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moisturiser with Tanning - For Men?

• 09-09-2006 11:16pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It funny, about 2 years I ago I say an add in front of a urinal that said "SKINCARE IS FOR GIRLS - New 'Advanced Facecare' for Men from Nivea". I went back to tell the lads and we all took the piss out of it. 2 Years later, opinions have changed and the marketing has worked, and now I have about 3 of these types of products...

Annyway today I say one that interested me but made me think twice. There was an add in GQ for L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Tanning Moisturiser. Moisturiser with tanning is nothing new for women, but men wearing fake tan is a far step from basic skincare...

I'm quite pale and the rare time that I do get some color people say I look better. I've done a few sunbeds before etc but can't be bothered to do them regularly, so I kind of thought this might be a good way to put some colour into my skin. But do you think this is just a bit much for a guy? They do talk a lot about how it is not streaky or orangy looking - they would want to be right!

I'm interested to hear people's opinions.

This website is pretty good too: http://www.lorealparisusa.com/men/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

sure why not if it makes you feel and look better go for it man . Who gives a fuk what others think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Could be a disaster though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

everyone to there own, if it makes you feel better than go for it. Just remember if there is a tanning ingred included in the moisturiser, it is likely that it will develop over a number of hours like a fake tan, so dont put on too much, and also be aware of streaking so put a thin layer on, and finally remember that if your only putting it on your face the rest of your body will obviously not be the same colour, so blend it into your skin well so as to prevent dramatic contrasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Johnson & Johnson have a lotion in a yellow bottle that builds up a tan, and its sposta be very even

Its not for men, or women, so just get it. I have 2 bottles of it, i got it free when i left J&J

Ill sell ye them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

abetarrush wrote:
    Johnson & Johnson have a lotion in a yellow bottle that builds up a tan, and its sposta be very even

Its not for men, or women, so just get it. I have 2 bottles of it, i got it free when i left J&J

Ill sell ye them ;)

Be carefull though, which one you get because id be concidered kinda pale but tried the medium one and it went v dark... make sure to get the one that is specifically for your face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

the moisturisers claim not to be streaky but they are. It all depends on how much you apply. If you put it on before you go to bed be sure to wash your hands. I awoke the next morning with Oompa Loompa hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FrenchCed

I got that cream. It's great if you put it about 2 hours before going out but it will keep tanning your skin overnight aswell. The result is quite good.

Don't put too much at once because there might be a huge difference between areas and you might look stupid 12 hours later. :eek:

It works great if you follow my advises ! you will look orange if you put too much or too often ! I usually don't put it on 2 days in a row... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

So masculine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Comming from a guy with fuzzywiggle as his boards name, hahahaha. I kid, I kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I'm female :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Zascar wrote:

Annyway today I say one that interested me but made me think twice. There was an add in GQ for L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Tanning Moisturiser.

Oh lord, they knew it'd be hard to sell to real, "manly" men, so they had to include the words "Hydra" and "energetic" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

I think

"super-ninja face-kickin cream with a hint of fire" is a tad manlier

Drop-kick dryness, and camouflage your skin

:D

Advertisement