Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chow down

Options
  • 10-09-2006 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey just wondering where everyones fav places to eat are on campus??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

O'Briens - Best fresh made sambos
    Cafe Brava - Best for junk food. 1/4 pounder and chips is great when hungover
    Perk/Insomia (in Quinn and Conway) - Great soups and tasty sambos, but a lil pricey.
    The grind - As many fillings as you want. One or two of the servers can be a bit stingy so don't be shy to ask for more.

They'd be my fav's. I tend to avoid 911 as they can't make a proper sambo/roll without everything spilling out. Also looks dirty to me. Restaraunt is ok for somethings, and complete shite for others. You learn was is good and bad. (Avoid the curries, the meat is tough ol shite).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I don't eat on campus. The food's either pretty bad or overpriced.

Although having said that I still think our Restaurant is better than Trinity's canteen :) (sorry, still smarting from that invasion from Trinners-shill "BessBoy" earlier on today).

Actually I'd said Cafe Brava's probably the best. Basically a chipper, which is my cuppa tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

911 - Hot chicken, cheese, lettuce -- on a roll.

Yum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

dont eat on campus.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Centra. It's the only place really. They do really oven-fresh rolls with pretty much any topping you want.

Now go, quick before I ban myself for being a shill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I wont be eating coffee on campus, smloking on campus or drinking coffee on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Insider Tips

-Domino's in Dundrum will deliver to anywhere on campus.

-Cross the dual carriageway to Lonegans and they do a grand sausage and chips/nuggets and chips in a basket for about 5quid. Homemade chips. Served to your table with some respect.You don't have to queue up with your tray like in the concentration camp.They also have a pool table and the pints are actually made of beer. Little bit dearer but you gets what you pay for. Handy when the restaurant is packed during freshers week, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Grimes wrote:
    eating coffee on campus
    hardkore \m/:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

He likes it to go straight into the bloodstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Just so all you kids know there's a new O'Briens in the Health Sci Building. Haven't gone yet but it's apparently new, big + run by the people who ran the old one in the Sports Centre. Oh there's that new sports cafe run by the cafe brava ppl where the sports bar was.

Personally I'm partial to a hot chocolate in brava/ chicken fillet rolls from 911/ meals from home which is beside UCD

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

dajaffa wrote:
    meals from home which is beside UCD
    I'll bear that in mind during the year when I start to run out of food/money/time.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

The grind all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

its quite difficult to find healthy food in UCD. O' Briens is nice, glad to see there's a new one open.

The student bar does a chicken breast + random sauce lunch, healthy enough if you get rice instead of chips.

911 is manky, but almost passable if your starving. Restautant is an absolute abomination, quite frankly its a disgrace and for all the money they put into it over the summer you'd think they would have improved the food.

The grind is ok, not the same quality as Ob's tho. Perk/Insomnia is fine, once your not actually hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

theres a new o'briens???????? WHERE??

Font22 wrote:
    theres a new o'briens???????? WHERE??
    dajaffa wrote:
    Just so all you kids know there's a new O'Briens in the Health Sci Building.

Read the full sentence before posting prehaps? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The Grind or the main restaurant for sandwiches... but you have to go at 12 for extra tastiness.

Insomnia for delicous soups.

Downstairs restaurant for baked potato and coleslaw and garlic sauce [or whatever topping you prefer].

Tea and a kitkat from the Arts Café.

I'm a creature of habit me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Those gorgeous white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies from hilpers!Havent had them all summer and so am just dying for one tommorow.

Soup from hilpers is like nectar from the gods. Though one of my mates said its loaded with monsodium glutamate so have to wean myself of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

panda100 wrote:
    Though one of my mates said its loaded with monsodium glutamate so have to wean myself of it.

MSG aint that bad. you're young, forget about sodium intake, love it while you can. Live the salty soup dream, baby.

Was in the new O'Briens today. Big, plenty of seats, lots of staff. V happy to get triple deckers again! :D

Downside it was very noisy. Bloody nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Healthy and yummy chicken and pasta and assorted vegetable niceyness for lunch. Friends living on campus ftw! :D

In general I'm a Hilpers girl cos I spend most of my life in the Arts block but when time permits, Insomnia's my favourite. Did anyone else notice that the Haribo in the vending machines by Hilpers aren't 40c anymore? Been broken since I was in 1st year and now they've fixed it. Heartbroken. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheRabbit

The new O'Briens is by far the best place to eat on Campus. At least it looks clean and isn't way overcrowded (yet)...

TheRabbit wrote:
    The new O'Briens is by far the best place to eat on Campus. At least it looks clean and isn't way overcrowded (yet)...

You had to go + have a curse out on it didn't you...

Bet it'll be jammers tomorrow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ohh intresting....was in kylemore in town yesterday and there was an advert up looking for chefs/waiters and generally lots of staff for a new posh restaurant on belfield campus!O'Briens has competition

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

where is the o'briens?

if you have a bike or car i recommend the applegreen petrol station on clonskeagh rd. it has a deli and a fast food section also. pretty good value and not too bad either;)

where is the o'briens?
    Can you people not read or something?

The new O'Briens is in the Health Science Centre

There, now everyone knows.

panda100 wrote:
    Ohh intresting....was in kylemore in town yesterday and there was an advert up looking for chefs/waiters and generally lots of staff for a new posh restaurant on belfield campus!O'Briens has competition

I think they're doing the new science canteen when it reopens around the end of october. Have to say it's good that there's variety on campus. I'd hate if they were all insomnias or something. Nothing against insomnia, I just appreciate having the choice n such

irlrobins wrote:
    Can you people not read or something?

The new O'Briens is in the Health Science Centre

There, now everyone knows.

Walk in main (+ currently only) entrance of HS building which is behind the student centre. Walk in, turn right. Walk down a little, it's on your right. End of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Centra. It's the only place really. They do really oven-fresh rolls with pretty much any topping you want.

Now go, quick before I ban myself for being a shill.

I've been in their freezer and dealt with their fresh food, hygiene-wise they're not bad, as Centras go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement