Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

htc trinity and artemis announced

• 10-09-2006 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    since nobody has mentioned it i just thought some of ye may be interested in the recent announcement by htc of 2 new ppc-phones, the htc artemis (p3300) due out this month and the htc trinity (p3600) due out next month.

both devices seem to have smaller form factors than most other ppc-phones out atm and have very interesting specs.

the artemis comes with wifi, bluetooth, GPS (sirfstar III afaik) and fm radio in a pocketable form factor but it has a 200mhz omap processor.

the trinity has wifi, bluetooth, 3g and a decent 400mhz processor again in a relatively small form factor.

there's more info at www.htc.com and they're listed on the expansys site if anyone's interested.

anyone else with any other info on these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Discussion on the trinity here and the artemis here.

You know, I was hesitant to look at them in case they were better than my new baby, but I don't neet 3G and I don't need GPS, so neither of them do it for me. :)

Erm, not that mobile phones "do it" for me, I should point out.

It's such a pity the artemis has the 200Mhz processor - that's Skype out the window. But I suppose these are the comprimises that have to be made. The trinity certainly looks sleek and I think the slide-out keyboard will please a lot of people who despise the handwriting recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

tom dunne wrote:
    The trinity certainly looks sleek and I think the slide-out keyboard will please a lot of people who despise the handwriting recognition.

Think you're getting confuzzled.

The trinity is basically a Tytn without the sliding keyboard. Its for those who arent bothered about a keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Think you're getting confuzzled.

The trinity is basically a Tytn without the sliding keyboard. Its for those who arent bothered about a keyboard.

Confuzzled I am. I thought the picture underneath was of the trinity, when I now see it was the Tytn below that again.

That's what I get for posting at that un-Godly hour on a Sunday morning.

Advertisement