Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyway to listen to 5 live commentary over here?

• 10-09-2006 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,301 ✭✭✭✭

From the website i mean, you know the way its for the uk only, really annoys me, those guys are pretty good

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

While I don't know how to do it I believe you can set your proxy address to connect to the internet to go through an English address so that the site thinks you're in the UK and lets you listen. Likewise if you set it to US you can watch the US TV shows that are broadcast on websites like ABC's.

Also this may not be any use, but if you have Sky Digital you can tune it in on other channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cyrus where are you? If you are on east coast then the MW signals will be getting stronger as winter approaches you might be able to listen via the old fashion wireless esp night games.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,301 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cheers guys hopefully someone will have more info

mike im really trying to do it for when im watching games on pp live :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I get it on my radio all year round with no hassles. Always sounds a little far away, but is consistently listen-to-able. Actually end up listening to that more then anything else id say as tis still usually pretty good even when not talking about sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You can tune it in on Sky Digital if you have that? I'm sure it's on NTL too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,301 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cyrus wrote:
    cheers guys hopefully someone will have more info

mike im really trying to do it for when im watching games on pp live :)

just be handier for watchin games on lappy if i could get the stream tho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Whenever Newstalk broadcast live Premiership football, it's a 5 Live feed. West Ham game on live now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

The NTL feed is the business, stick a coax lead from the spare output on the NTL box to your radio and you're sorted!!

Have the wireless speakers set up in the house with 5 Live blasting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bateman wrote:
    Whenever Newstalk broadcast live Premiership football, it's a 5 Live feed. West Ham game on live now.

not much good if you don't live in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Mossy Monk wrote:

i wonder will they continue with this when they go national?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Mossy Monk wrote:
    The OP wanted to listen online and you can with Newstalk. :)

Advertisement