Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Federal Reserve & Unconstitutional Income Tax

Options
  • 10-09-2006 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I've heard a few times in the recent past that there is no legal requirement for people in the USA to pay a tax on their earnings. Every time I heard this I just thought it was nonsense and didn't pay much attention to it but it seems to keep coming up.

Last night I came across an interview with a guy who's made a film that addresses this - link to interview. Link to website.

I find myself being more and more convinced that this is real but I'd like to hear from people here that are better informed than I on this subject. If true, it really is rather unsettling and it could make people in the USA quite upset, I certainly would be if that was the case in Ireland. Which is something I've never investigated, I just assumed that there is a legal requirement to pay income tax in this country.

Thank you all for your time,

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

Haha, not paying income tax is the issue which deserved highlighting in the film?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

You could do an Irish version based on VRT ;-)

Lets face it, if TPTB want to fleece their populations for their bread and circuses programs, there is not alot you can do about it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote:

Lets face it, if TPTB want to fleece their populations for their bread and circuses programs, there is not alot you can do about it
    :D brilliant attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

This is pure crackpottery. These "tax protesters" regularly end up in jail for nonpayment of taxes despite their spurious legal arguments.

http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

silverharp wrote:

Revolution:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

pretty much sounds like what the top 2percent of this country were doing all the way through the 80's and early 90's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I believe the film you're referring to is America from Freedom to Fascism, i saw it while i was over in the states this summer, it was intriguing and better than any of Michael Moore's works put together. According to russo the director there is no law requiring people to pay an income tax and that according to U.S. constitution taxes only apply to businesses and profit making not ones labour. It also raises questions about the IRS, whilst being interviewed in the film former IRS head Sheldon Cohen claims that the Supreme court does not apply to the IRS, the same court has ruled that the income tax is unconstitutional yet the it has also ruled that the IRS is not required to prove that it is allowed to collect tax. Basically according to the film the IRS is a secret, unaccountable organisation with no legitamacey.

Advertisement