Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash - stroke around imported illustrator shape

Options
  • 10-09-2006 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have imported a world map into flash from illustrator. The countries in the map dont have a stroke around them.

I select a country, break it apart but i cant seem to insert a stroke around the shape. There must be a way to do this !

Please help. Ill provide the file if necessary

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Flash really sucks at importing Illustrator documents. For starters, to get the stroke, you need to alter your illustrator file to not have a stroke as Flash just seems to be blind to it. Select all of your items in Illustrator and go to the menu: Object>Path>Outline stroke. This will destroy any strokes and convert them into normal vectors. Then import normally into Flash.

As for getting the best type of import from Illustrator into Flash, it's a bit confusing for me. I had to mess around exporting various types of .eps and .svg in different versions of Illustrator until I got the perfect import. Unfortunately I can't remember what that was now..

What's with that thing in Flash where if you destroy the stroke you can't create a new one? Extremely annoying, much like many things with Flash.

Advertisement