Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Stilo Replacement - Opinions?

Options
  • 10-09-2006 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

fiat_bravo_101.jpg

fiat_bravo_102.jpg

Its going to be called the Bravo.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It looks great, but.................

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It looks alright. bit like the Punto, and certainly not as individual as the original Bravo. It looks too much like the Astra

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Yes I agree but it will be a 5 Star Ncap chassis, and knowing Fiat the std equip levels will be a lot more than the Astra. :)

The Stilo also had class leading safety when launched, it also had higher equipment levels. Fiat need to do what they do best, come up with an innovative and mould breaking small car. I'm afraid this falls wide of the mark on looks alone. It doesn't matter what it's like to drive, how safe it is, or how much it costs.

colm_mcm wrote:
    The Stilo also had class leading safety when launched, it also had higher equipment levels. Fiat need to do what they do best, come up with an innovative and mould breaking small car. I'm afraid this falls wide of the mark on looks alone. It doesn't matter what it's like to drive, how safe it is, or how much it costs.

Grande Punto would fit that bill!

• Advertisement

Grande Punto isn't a head turner. fair enough the Maserati-esque nose looks good, but the rest of the car is rather messy and out of proportion.

Saw the new Sedici on Friday and it looks good. The Grande Punto sporting is a nice car.

There are lots of nice cars! The Grande Punto is no better looking than the Clio/207/Yaris/Swift Remember when the MK1 Punto or the original Bravo/Brava came out? They were completely different from the competition and many were sold purely on looks.

I know, I have owned A Fiat Bravo / Bravo / Punto 3 & 5 Door and also a Marea and never had a problem with any of them, and currently I have a Fiat Stilo and I will be seriously looking at the new Bravo when it appears. ;)

The Clio is ok, electronics are dodgy on Renaults, Yaris is ok and Suzuki are ok also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It could be anything tbh.

Mike.

• Advertisement

It needed to be drop-dead gorgeous and offer something that the competition doesn't offer. IMHO you're not going to tempt people out of their Focus or Corolla on price alone, the buyer needs to justify the vertical derpeciation and dubious reliability, and a pretty car can do this. I hate to say it (as I was a fan of the original) but this is gonna be another Croma.

Croma is a different arguement mainly that always Fiat's larger cars do not sell well here, I have driven a JTD Croma and boy what a car , shame!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

I Also have a stilo,had a brava,punto,uno 850,128 and only problem i ever had was gearbox in brava which sister killed when i was teaching her to drive.

I Have friends who have that slow brick called the yaris and another has a 207 and has no end of electrical problems.

I dont know why people dont like fiats as they are economical to drive and kids love the stilo full sun roof!!

Techie, any idea on the launch date and price?

regards,

kieran

I have owned my fair share of Fiats, but have only ever bought one new one. They are tremendous value second hand due to their poor residuals, but that's not gonna help Fiat sell new cars. And to be fair, the new Bravo isn't gonna tempt Golf, Focus, Corolla or Astra drivers out of their cars

It'll be launched in Spring 07

Re Yaris "Slow Brick":
    Yaris 1298cc 0-60 13.3 seconds
    Grande Punto 1242cc 0-60 14.5 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭kmb

Thanks be to god your opinion is your opinion as i believe it a load of boll**.

People will buy a car on its own merits and you must admit toyota have had their own fair share of engine problems inc.the corrola you keep praising.

How can you say that this will be another croma?What gives you this opinion?Guesswork?

Grow up and get into that yaris and wave to the cyclists passing you.

I had a punto 75 when i tested the yaris and i thought it was a crap car but thats my opinion.Not guesswork.

It really annoys me when people make opinions not based on experience.

Regards

KIERAN

Advertisement