Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennon out for "weeks"?

Options
  • 10-09-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Tottenham and England winger Aaron Lennon faces several weeks out after suffering a knee injury in training.

The 19-year-old missed Saturday's 1-0 loss at Manchester United having broken down on Friday and will have a scan on Sunday to determine the problem.

"You never know with the knee. It could be his cartilage and he might need an operation," said manager Martin Jol.

Oh dear...

Very bad news, our midfield options are limited with Tainio injured (again), Malbranque out for 10 weeks and Routledge having fun for Fulham. I can see Lee being used on the right side of midfield, or returning to LB to allow BAE play LM. Maybe Jamie O'Hara might get a run out, or Huddlestone joining Zokora and Davids in a central 3 with Jenas getting free reign?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

not good. We've not being doing well at all really, last thing we needed was this.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

What are the rules regarding loans? Is Wayne Routledge at Fulham for the season or can we bring him back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Just what we needed. Our only real speedy player out of action. I wonder how that's going to change things

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

rubbish!

we have a marvelous attacking midfielder in keane!
    and plenty of cover in zakora, zigler, davids, jenas, huddlestone and even king (who i think should play the game that carrick played personally, but there you go)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

rubbish!

we have a marvelous attacking midfielder in keane!
    and plenty of cover in zakora, zigler, davids, jenas, huddlestone and even king (who i think should play the game that carrick played personally, but there you go)

Sorry WWM but i gotta disagree with you. I think our midfield is horribly unbalanced atm.

Keane isnt an attacking midfielder ... he is a striker who can play deep but he is by no means marvelous at the job imo. He was good against poor opposition like Sheff Utd but better teams will close him down.

Zokora, Davids, Huddlestone & Ghaly are all defensive midfielders. Ziegler is a wing back who can play left midfield but he is far from the finished article as evidenced by his display when he came on at Old Trafford.

Jenas is a box to box midfielder who can get goals but is not nearly creative enough and is far too inconsistent.

Murphy is our only fit attacking creative midfielder and Jol doesnt seem to rate him.

Our only fit fast winger is injured whilst our other winger is on loan at fulham. Our team has no width in midfield and we rely way too much on our fullbacks overlapping which leaves us exposed at the back. We still have no naturally left sided midfielder or winger. A problem which our director of football, chairman and manager have failed to address. We are playing four central midfielders who are falling over each other. I dont know how many times Davids was out of position and getting in Zokora's way against Utd. We need to buy a left sided midfielder in January and hopefully by then Malbranque will be fit which will give us cover on the right and a creative option in the centre. Then our midfield will be balanced and we will be able to compete against the best in the premiership. We have the defence now and the strikeforce, we really need to get the midfield sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i was being facetious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

May not be as bad as thought, trained with first team today and will travel to Prague to face a late fitness test. I'd prefer we rested him if he's borderline, need him fit for the PL ties and the home game against Slavia.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Its confirmed now, out for six weeks. He will have surgery on Saturday.

Advertisement