Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SAFETY and care for guns

• 10-09-2006 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

"proper" airsoft guns can cost you an arm and a leg, the actual kit to buy a gun, mags, camo, boots, mask, headgear, silicone gas/oil, pistol, pistol mags, gas, tactical combat gear, belt, holster, sling etc etc can cost hundreds or thousands if you go overboard with the stuff.

i note that a few people are buying ballistics glasses like the ones below

SG-20-Kit1.jpg

these are designed to be used for shoting live ammo. i now hear someone down the back shouting. "if ballistic experts use them for shooting live ammo then they must be able to stop bullets, so why cant they be used in airsofting?"

the simple explanation is that they dont stop bullets, they just "prevent" hot expended cases and unused cordite from being sprayed in your eyes. those galses may be made out polywhatever but they are FRAGILE. If you fall while wearing one it mmay not break, but fall over repeatably (someone else is now saying "im not stupid enough to fall over as soon as i get back up". that may not happen but nOObs alws fall over or drop these things. my account below.

last summer i was running around then down a hill at SG1 combat, i tripped over a log (i was using a FULL FACE MASK) iwhich i couldnt see. I flew through the air and landed face first on a ground level tree stump and i broke my nose, blacked out and puked all over the place. I was taken to hospital where i had to stay over a night for tests. Because i blacked out and puked up means i had concusion to the doctors. in the morning after a CT scan they where happy that i didnt have a concusion so they let me go, but my nose was still broken.
    The meaning to the story, i had one of the most safe full masks at the site i got bust up badly, but my mask did not survive they marshals say that the mask actually helped by preventing a concusion. So WTF would have happened to tiny pair of glasses.

I also tested a pair of glasses with my upgraded g3sg1 (340fps (still legal)), alot of airsofters upgrade their guns so i decided to, redwolf also sent me a pair of ballistic glasses so i shot 6 rounds into one of the eye pieces and you never guess what, yep they broke. 6 rounds is not alot nost guns fire over 900 rounds a minute so thats about 15 a second and i only shot 6 so in under 0.5 a sec your eyes can hurt like hell!

Also everybody who seems to be buying guns on this forum does not say that they are buying the most important pice of equipment on the planet for the gun.

SILICONE OIL/GAS

This **** is important. silicone oil/gas is the difference between a gun costing 200euro lasting 8 months and jamming every couple of minutes or a 200euro gun lasting years and never ever jamming. Most overseas supliers refuse to ship the gas/oil by plane so any order with it goes by sea, getting lost/damaged and taking up to 3 months to arrive if at all. There a lots of UK suppliers that post the stuff to you, each can of silicone costs around £6 to £15 depending on the size and type. Gas is no better that silicone if you follow the simple instructions.

Advertisement