Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunnel as a first piercing

Options
  • 10-09-2006 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey I'm thinking of getting a tunnel piercing done but I haven't had the ear pierced before. I was just wondering can you get a small tunnel (4/5mm) without having worn a normal piercing for a while?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

yup you can get a dermal punch straight off, anything up to 8mm. It'll hurt like a bitch tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sAid

nooes :D Thanks for the reply do you know around how much they cost?

You mean a tunnel like them stretch piercings? I didnt know you could get them without having a normal piercing for a while.. cool! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

!_Brian_! wrote:
    It'll hurt like a bitch tho!

Just quoting that to make sure you've read it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

what the hell? you dont have to get it dermal punched, dermal punching it leaves u with a permanent hole.

you can get it pieced as normal and tapered up to 5mm or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Dermal punch doesnt leave you with a permanent hole,
    I got a 4mm dermal punch and then I lost the jewelery for it, couldnt be arsed getting a new one so it healed up,ended up looking like a normal ear piercing.

It will heal up ok if you leave it at 4mm but going any bigger and it will stay as a hole. If its your first piercing I would suggest going for the gradual stretch but at the end of the day its up to you.

I didnt think it hurt that much and it cost me €60 if i remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Out of curiousity, can you get a dermal punch then stretch it? I would presume you would be able too, but just though I'd ask.

edibility wrote:
    Out of curiousity, can you get a dermal punch then stretch it? I would presume you would be able too, but just though I'd ask.
    Well the 4mm dermal punch is actually a 2.5mm punch with a 4mm taper so technically its a punch and stretch anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Garth_v wtf? why were they using a 2.5mm punch when you can get them up 8mm.

Also imo punching an ear lobe isn't a viable procedure as there's too many risks with it a better option would be scapeling it in.

Garth_v wtf? why were they using a 2.5mm punch when you can get them up 8mm.
    Makes the long term damage less noticeable. Every punch ive seen/had done has been a tapered bit anyway, the jewellery is less likely to fall out if its stretched slightly instead of punched straight to 4mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Yeah but there's no point in excising tissue when they could of done the same procedure with a 2.4mm canula needle, which pierces at 2.8mm then stretched from there, so would of caused less tissue damage and not threatened the blood supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sAid

Ok thanks guys for your help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

In that case I'm gonna guess that just stretching would be a better idea :)

Advertisement