Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Special legislation to deal with 'keyers' ?

Options
  • 10-09-2006 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Some ****ing prick is making repeated keying marks on my car. I park it in Blanchardstown SC on a relatively daily basis ... the last two pieces or art are nearly the entire length of my bonnet.

I only noticed the other day and wouldn't even know what day it was exactly to try to get cctv !!

Anyone had an experience like this? I really wish there was special legislation to deal with malicious damage like this outside of the normal laws ... I mean as they said in pulp fiction, you don't **** with another mans automobile !!!!

Time for a bonnet re-spray :(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

was it autogeddon or something that suggested that motorists rate crimes against their cars far more serious than many other crimes ?

we don't need special legislation , we already have it for vandalism , criminal damage etc.

Lets not forget that motorists here get away with "murder" on a weekly basis.
    by this I mean that the law states that you must be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear, and you must indicate, and you must yield right of way when appropiate. Yes keying is annoying, but so is 400+ deaths a year, many of which are caused by people not obeying laws.

do we need special laws for keying - NO
    do we need more enforcement - YES
    would we save more lives by diverting those enforcement resources to enforcing existing traffic laws - YES YES YES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Capt'n, whaaaaaaaaaat are you talking about???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In a riot, or a revolution,
    It’s curious that cars―
    Anyone’s cars―
    Are always the first to go.

Traffic control is, for most people,
    Their most intimate, and direct,
    Experience of government―
    As well as being one of its most seminal justifications:
    ‘Look, you can’t do without some form of organisation,
    I mean, take something basic like roads . . .
    You couldn’t just have everyone driving on whichever side of the road they pleased.
    Things would be chaos.’

But a vandal,
    If he/she ever risked losing pace
    By politicising themselves
    Might feel
    That since no one voted for the car―
    Rubbishing them requires no referendum . . .
    Besides which,
    Slashing their tyres,
    Pouring sugar into the tank,
    Shoving potatoes up the exhaust―
    So the wiring implodes and blows off the manifold―
    Sloshing brake-fluid onto the body-work,
    Topping up the oil with valve-grinding paste,
    Placing upturned plaster-nails under stationary vehicles,
    Turning cars over like wood-lice,
    So that the petrol spills out onto the road,
    And they can be fired . . .
    Might keep a few hunks of human flesh
    Throbbing with life for a little longer

Rome went mad with lead pollution.
    It was Vandals who straightened their pipes

But of course,
    If you’re conceived in a car as many are.
    If you first ****ed in a car as many have.
    If you go to work in a car,
    And if you derive most of your pleasure, food and sustenance via cars,
    You’re going to defend them to the death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats enough modern poetry, ed.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement