Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending html emails with php

Options
  • 10-09-2006 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Is it possible to send html formatted email with the php mail() function? I am trying the send an email with various variables in it but i cant change the layout of the subject message the way i want it to look.

I know you can add modules to your server but i dont think thats really an option for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, you sure can. Have a look on www.php.net. You just add a line to the header, and this lets you send mail formatted as HTML.

Don't try and do anything overly fancy with HTML mails. The differences between mail clients is way worse than browsers, and your mail is likely to go all over the place if you start using CSS for layout and a whole pile of complicated settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

get a wysisyg editor like tinymce and add it to your main input box so that you can enter in your html bb code stuff at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Thanks, thats git it sorted :)

Advertisement