Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skateboarders

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

dave.saved wrote:
    look not all skateboarders are abusive fekers and scumbags der is some by what you guys are saying but not every person who skates is irresponsible/scumbag/boozer/vandal, and what if one of those old ladies said something abusive to the skater, it is the 21st century and it wouldnt suprise me if she did say something offensive, and most of the damage done on the plaza was caused by all the other goths/emo poers hangn around on d plaza not all of them but most of them gettn pissed and spray painting all over it bu sinc the by-law came in idont think there has been a spec of spraypaint touched on the plaza, and the skatepark in d RSC is a joke tbh, its aimed at younger kids, and in d last topic which was deleted freddie59 or one of ye moaners sed 'and now ther're wrekn the whole park jus for them' the gov. is re-developing the park ne way if there is gonna b a skatepark init or not so its not jus for us its for EVERYONE, so quit yer moaning ye where all kids at one stage, sorry for the abusive comments before but now im trying to settle this as mature as possible

It's taken me a while to decipher the above, but I will just respond to a couple of your points:

1. I didn't say they were wrecking the park, as you put it. I certainly don't agree with it.

2. Because people take a different viewpoint to you doesn't make them moaners. It takes maturity and sense to recognise that. You're obviously lacking in both, just like a large portion of your skateboarding peers.

3. Yes we were all kids at one stage. The difference between us is summed up in one word - respect. Again something which comes with maturity.

You have some way to go yet.;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Freddie59 wrote:
    It's taken me a while to decipher the above, but I will just respond to a couple of your points:

right, can you all stop with this oh-so-oboxious of put downs, not everyone younger than and me for that matter (and i know plenty of older people than me too) use grammar correctly especially in posts on internet boards and such, anyone whos attacks spelling and grammar is showing themselves in very poor light, i can imagine how you sat infront of your computer typing your little response and saying "oh, i got him good" too be honest it shows you to be a complete and utter moron.
    Freddie59 wrote:
    2. Because people take a different viewpoint to you doesn't make them moaners. It takes maturity and sense to recognise that. You're obviously lacking in both, just like a large portion of your skateboarding peers.

are you or are you not moaning(complaining)?? if so, i believe he is correct to call you a moaner, its not really abuse when its a statement of fact.
    Freddie59 wrote:
    3. Yes we were all kids at one stage. The difference between us is summed up in one word - respect. Again something which comes with maturity.

respect?????
    that's very rich coming from you,
    you have not shown an iota of respect to the skateboarding community and you expect it in return - i dont't think that's right.
    Respect has to work both ways or else it's completely pointless.

and again i have to speak about this looking down your nose at people over grammar and spelling etc. it makes you look so stupid to everyone else, everytime i see it i honestly cringe - the cynics of this world i'll never understand.

Don't be a cynic and disconsolate preacher. Don't bewail and moan. Omit the negative propositions. Challenge us with incessant affirmatives.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mayordenis, as a mod I'm sure your aware text speak is a bannable offense on most of boards if a poster keeps using it, as such posters should have the common sense not to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

If people don't bother to type or spell properly, they should be ridiculed. People should at least make an effort, since most people do.

I still haven't seen anything in this thread that justifies the damage that is being done to the plaza by those who skateboard there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

merlante wrote:
    If people don't bother to type or spell properly, they should be ridiculed. People should at least make an effort, since most people do.

so if i have learning problems and cant spell properly, should i then be ridiculed?i understand txt speak being annoying and is against the rules,but i dont think anyone should be ridiculed for lack of spelling. maybe they are making an effort,maybe they dont understand spelling,grammer,punctuation for whatever reasons. i think you are being a bit harsh with your statment tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the thread has decended intop an arguement about spelling now. shows how pointless it was to begin with

peepsbates wrote:
    so if i have learning problems and cant spell properly, should i then be ridiculed?i understand txt speak being annoying and is against the rules,but i dont think anyone should be ridiculed for lack of spelling. maybe they are making an effort,maybe they dont understand spelling,grammer,punctuation for whatever reasons. i think you are being a bit harsh with your statment tbh

What part of "People should at least make an effort" don't you understand?

If the school system left you down (you being a notional 'someone') in some way, and bear in mind we supposedly have almost 100% literacy in Ireland, then why not run your posts through a spellchecker (my browser automatically spell checks everything I type into it) or use some of the many online (or paper!) dictionaries to find the correct spellings.

It's never too late to learn how to write!

Obviously if someone is actually mentally disabled then they are not going to be able to learn -- it should be obvious that I am *not* suggesting that mentally handicapped people should be ridiculed for not being able to spell. :rolleyes: (Others though are fair game!)

Mossy Monk wrote:
    the thread has decended intop an arguement about spelling now. shows how pointless it was to begin with

Agreed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dave.saved

Freddie59 wrote:

1. I didn't say they were wrecking the park, as you put it. I certainly don't agree with it.

You have some way to go yet.;)

OK your not happy with us on the plaza and now your not happy that the government is building the skatepark for us in a location thats easily accessible, your not happy untill no one is skating, seriously man you've got to get some SENSE, people like to watch skating, it's both fun to watch and take part in and takes alot more talent than kicking a ball around the place.

RESPECT your not showing us any respect when you say' It takes maturity and sense to recognise that. You're obviously lacking in both, just like a large portion of your skateboarding peers.' thats just abuse if you ask me.
    You need to learn to take sticks out of your ass cause you've got alot of them up there mate :D

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote:
    dave.saved, for gods sake will you either learn to spell or stop with the text speak as its against the rules.

I'd much appreciate if you didn't use the name of my God in vain thank you very much, you should so some respect for God since He did die for your sins and all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dave.saved wrote:
    I'd much appreciate if you didn't use the name of my God in vain thank you very much, you should so some respect for God since He did die for your sins and all.

Oh thats ok, bring religion into a argument that has nothing to do with it,

I'm curious by the way, was it not Jesus that died for people's sins*?
    Nobody told me God was dead....nooooooooooo :rolleyes:

*Those that believe in such stuff

and NO not all skaters are vandals and abusive, last year we had a christian skater and bmxer comer over form the states to tell all the kids abou Christ and they came even tho the skatepark we have at the moment is terrible, so maybe with this new skatepark we might be able to draw even more teams and skaters from all around the country and globe to waterford.

no one cares who might come over, as long as you stay where you are supposed to stay

uhm are you a catholic as a matter of intrest cabaal? ever read d book of romans, 'and Jesus is the eternally blessed God, forever, amen.'

like if you read the bible, you'd know Jesus is God.

and I'm a christian not a cathlic, im not part of a religion it's a faith.

dave.saved wrote:
    uhm are you a catholic as a matter of intrest cabaal? ever read d book of romans, 'and Jesus is the eternally blessed God, forever, amen.'

like if you read the bible, you'd know Jesus is God.

and I'm a christian not a cathlic, im not part of a religion it's a faith.

Dave if you want to talk about faith go here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=526
    Religion has no place in a thread about skateborders and people's dislike of them when they damage public property

• Advertisement

LMAO ur funny bu u asked me d question so maybe u should check out that link buddy, how old are you by the way? don't have tio share it with us if you don't want

oh yeah sorry i used text talk there, gosh I'm such an idiot sooooooooo sorry man. hope i can make it up to you some day;)

dave.saved wrote:
    LMAO ur funny bu u asked me d question so maybe u should check out that link buddy, how old are you by the way? don't have tio share it with us if you don't want

Honestly Dave I don't give a crap if monkeys died for our sins, religion has no place in this discussion...neither does age.

Its obvious you've lost your argument regarding skateboarders causing damage when you bring religion and nit picking into a argument, good job :rolleyes:

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, I'm not trying to start an arguement, see you're getting in a huff now because I told you to go look at the link that you thought would be funny to send to me!
    Seriously get a life man, if you've seriously got nothing better to do than sit around on a forum site and complain, I suggest you get up off your ass and do something creative....how about....learn to skate get a taste of how hard it is to be a skater with all the abuse we get from people smoking with skinheads and doing drugs and off cops and people like youself. I'm out of this topic for now.
    Peace.

Funny you should say that, I used to skate when I was a teenagers, did it for about a year and a half

However as I didn't take the piss and start damaging people's property abuse was never a issue :)

• Advertisement

where did you use to skate?

and if you used to skate you should understand that ollieing off a leagde doesn't cause damage

have you difficulties in understanding the blatantly obvious. people are sick of seeing you vandalising public property. can somebody close this stupid thread

Mossy Monk wrote:
    have you difficulties in understanding the blatantly obvious. people are sick of seeing you vandalising public property. can somebody close this stupid thread

Agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Bards

Until Skateboarders start paying taxes then and only then will I listen to your gripes.

We taxpayers have enough problems of our own, instead of listening to your lilltle gripes

Get a job and return something to society

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement