Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four bed Semi-Detached for sale

Options
  • 10-09-2006 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just thaught I'de pop up the house my brother and I are selling.

It's a four bed semi-d in Kinnegad.http://www.daft.ie/131662

Any Questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,
    Col.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Little update,had one viewing so far and a couple of calls.

The callers seem verry suspicious of us selling ourselves.Lots of Hmmm's and haa's.Can't see the problem myself.....

So would you buy from an owner?

Anybody who has sold their own house,comments aprieciated.

Col.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You need to reasure them that you will honour a depoist and sort out the contracts and make the dituation legally binding as quickly as possible if they are going to buy off you and not via a bonded estate agent who they can sue if things go wrong.

I know someone who was shafted when they agreed with the owner to cut out the middle man, the owner but them off and but them off signing the conracts and in the end refused to sell when they had sold thier house and they had to break that contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would think that the best thing would be for them to make the 'booking deposit 'payable to your solicitor, or maybe even their own solicitor. I wouldn't be comfortable paying the booking deposit to the vendor in these circumstances. If you are selling yourself, I would say you will need extra support from your solicitor during th eproces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

it might be worth putting the name of ur solicitor on the daft posting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ircoha wrote:
    it might be worth putting the name of ur solicitor on the daft posting

Good advice. Its tricky selling without those damned agents!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Thanks for the responses peeps.

Originally had details about of the process of purchase on the add but took it off incase it didn't look professional....might be time for an edit again.... mabey along the lines of once price agreed all dealings will be handed over to my solicitors xyz.

antoinolachtnai thats the only way I would have it myself,deposite straight to solicitor and let them look after it from there.

All I can say is we're both honest guys...Mabey too honest.The asking price is exactly that.Not looking for any more as it's a fair price giving the purchaser will be saving 5k by leaving auctioneers out of it(had house valued at 320K) no guzumping or messing.Closing date set and stuck to.

So if you know someone who wants the dream house purchase, drop us a line (As well as the small thing of wanting to live in kinnegad :D )

Col.

Advertisement