Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unforgiven- WILL CENA MOVE TO SMACKDOWN???

• 10-09-2006 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

this would be a great move for smackdown ,, having someone like this on the roster , we can see a feud being set up by Mr.............Kennedy , it would make me watch smackdown nemore instead of the usless stuff that is on it, hell these days the late late show is more entertaining.............. ne thoughts ..........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Smackdown needs some main eventers so I would welcome a Cena switch but he has to turn heel fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Cant see it happening. Cena loses in his hometown at Summerslam so more than likely will win in Edge's. I can see Cena holding the title until New Years Revolution at least :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would welcome him not being on RAW anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I think Cena will be going to Smackdown. WWE know that when they are changing networks that they need a new name to add to bring in more ratings. Plus he is gonna be out promoting his film for a while and it seems WWE would prefer a Smackdown wrestler taking time off rather than a Raw one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

ya turn heel and feud with batista class....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I dont think so. The way its been built with Edge continually getting the better of him makes it look like Cena will prevail in the end. Plus Smackdown are short of heels not babyfaces. And you cant turn Cena heel right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think he will go to Smackdown. They need ratings for the new CW network and they feel Cena will bring a lot of viewers with him.

Expect Edge and Cena at WM23 if Edge does win at Unforgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I hope Cena goes to SmackDown! and never, ever comes abck to RAW!!!! He is only good as a heel and the WWE won't turn him heel anytime soon, so good riddens to bad rubbish as far as i'm concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i'm hoping against hope that cena will stay on raw as i've seen him live 4 times & don't want to see him at the point in november.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I can see Cena beating Edge and Edge throwing the dummy out of the pram and going to SD.

Cena whether you like him or not is still well thought of within the company but is unlikely to turn heel at the moment, sending Edge to SD would make more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I wouldn't mind seeing Cena coming to Smackdown, and maybe Batista would go the other way. Have him chase (all hail) King Booker for a while, I'm sure the two of them could have a very entertaining feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Was saying to one of the lads at work today,what if Teddy Long made a heel turn and made Cena go to S/D? Just a thought......

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well I'm pretty sure that Cena will be going to SD. All the pieces are in place. Booker just retained against Batista who in turn is gonna be feuding with Finaly. Who is Booker gonna feud with? Secondly, with the network change coming up, it would make sense for WWE to send someone very popular over SD to get people interested. Finally, don't you think that with this network change, the leaving RAW stipulation in the match between Edge and Cena is more than just a coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Finally, don't you think that with this network change, the leaving RAW stipulation in the match between Edge and Cena is more than just a coincidence?
    Your not implying that this could be all just some story or plot and this whole thing could have be made up, are you? "It's still real to me damn it" :rolleyes:

Think Cena moving back to SD is a good move for WWE as he could freshen up his gimmick a bit(dont think it's a rapper gimmick anymore btw) and feud with some other SD guys and put some over as well like Mr Kennedy etc... Someone mentions on another thread that Cena/Batista at WM23 was on the cards and i think it might be a good idea if Cena was heel by then. But was just thinking that if Cena did go to SD, who would Edge feud with on RAW? Not many main event faces on RAW atm who are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say Benoit will be back to feud for one or other of the titles

From wrestling observer news update:

WWE is advertising Cena at all the Raw house shows prominently, as the biggest star, through November.

but I'm sure as usual with wwe promoting anything they have small print saying the card may change at any time.

Absolutely but John Cena is one of if not thier biggest draw right now. So to advertise him as the main guy on upcoming Raw shows and then to pull him from the lineup after people bought they're tickets to see him is really bad business. I can't see them doing that.

In saying that, I think all of the Smackdown ads for the Point shows have John Cena's face on it. They never advertised him to appear specifically but I always thought that was a bit sneaky but smart by the WWE doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I cannot see Cena being moved to what is effectively the second tier show.

Raw gets far more viewers in the states, Cena's WWE film "The Marine" is coming out soon so i doubt they will cut off that free promotion.

Also, the fact that they never changed the belt style back from a spinner is pretty tell tale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From wrestling observer news update:

WWE is advertising Cena at all the Raw house shows prominently, as the biggest star, through November.

They are also advertising Trish to be at Raw shows during Novembe. They may just be ads done before the match was ever made for Unforgiven.

• Advertisement

Thats how it works I think too. Although on the few American house shows I clicked on she's not advertised for appearing beyond Unforgiven.

But theres a big difference between advertising Trish and Cena appearing. All due respect to Trish but shes not a ticket seller. Cena is the biggest draw the company has right now so if you advertise him in advance it makes sense to deliver him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thats how it works I think too. Although on the few American house shows I clicked on she's not advertised for appearing beyond Unforgiven.

But theres a big difference between advertising Trish and Cena appearing. All due respect to Trish but shes not a ticket seller. Cena is the biggest draw the company has right now so if you advertise him in advance it makes sense to deliver him.

He might fulfil a few Raw house show appearances though. Remember that when he was first drafted to Raw he still made the Smackdown tour over here as he had been advertised for it.

Thats true. In saying that though he's been advertised right through November so it would n't be the case of fullfilling a week long tour. Anyway, we'll all know soon enough!

I'm hoping though that nobody goes the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

I have a funny feeling that Cena will win at Unforgiven and still head to Smackdown with the title.

And i think there will be something happening with Raw and Booker either he loses to a RAW superstar that challenges him of he goes to RAW.

Lets just see how my hunch goes. personally i'd love to see cena back in Smackdown, to be honest the guy has worked his ass off in every match and seems to be the dedicated to the company.

I'd say Booker would go down well on RAW, so what do you think?????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I think he will move.Smackdown has very few main eventers right now and I think that WWE will want to move him over.This dx and mcmahons feud seems to be ending soon and i think that HHH will want his main event spot back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

Don't forget that Smackdown is moving to the CW the new revamped WB channel so I think they are puttin Cena on smackdown for the Debut.

to be honest there's too many main eventers on RAW not all can be use to there full advantage. Plus i would like to see them put jeff back with Matt and see them push the tag teams like they back in the 90's when tag teams where big

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

^ Well Im pretty sure that Matt will be heading to RAW. A couple of days ago, there was an article on WWE.com about Matt. I didn't read it but the subtitle said that he thinks reuniting with Jeff is inevitable.

As far as Booker coming to RAW is concerned, personally I don't see it happening. I really don't wanna see that King Booker gimick on RAW although in saying that, there wasn't any draft lottery this year so maybe Vince wants to spice things up a little. Make a few swaps here and there you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

jongore wrote:
    sending Edge to SD would make more sense.
    I can't see him and Matt Hardey in the same place its a time bomb waiting to go off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

de5p0i1er wrote:
    I can't see him and Matt Hardey in the same place its a time bomb waiting to go off.
    Do they actualy hate each other or was it just a story.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Do they actualy hate each other or was it just a story.

Its a long story revolving around Edge and Lita having it off when she was with Matt. So obviously things would be a bit tense to say the least.

But they did work a programme together last year and there were no reports of any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just watching SmackDown! and saw Cena do a promo to the SmackDown! fans!

After watching this, I was thinking that with his Steel Cage match on RAW with Edge, he might drop the title to Edge and move to SmackDown!

Anyone else think it might happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Minto wrote:
    Just watching SmackDown! and saw Cena do a promo to the SmackDown! fans!

After watching this, I was thinking that with his Steel Cage match on RAW with Edge, he might drop the title to Edge and move to SmackDown!

Anyone else think it might happen?

didnt even get a hint that this is what will happen tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

What did ppl think of the match between Edge and Cena at Unforgiven?
    I thought it was class. The atomosphere was rabid! The match itself had so many false finishes I really didn't know which way it was going.

It was also refreshing not to see blood for once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I thought it was one of the best matches this year. Like you said it was well- scripted with the numerous false finishes and the climax to the match was superb! Edge is a fantastic performer.

Advertisement