Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with wireless connection

• 10-09-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi there,

Been reading the forum to see if my problem has come up, haven't found anything yet, so thought i'd ask the knowledge base on here.

Basically have BT broadband through the Zytel Prestige 600 series which is a USB modem. I'd imaging a lot of people have them. My other half got a lap top off her family for her birthday, it has a wireless pc card already with it. She is pregnant so wanted to use the lap top to access the internet in bed when on maternity leave. I bought, after asking for advise, an Edimax BR-6204Wg router, and was basically told to follow the instructions. Now i've done that however on the router the WLAN just flashes orange and not green. I've tried everything my limited knowledge knows but to no avial. Now the lap top does detect the wireless network however doesn't connect ot the internet. I'm sure people on here have the same equipment, any ideas?

by the way i can access the internet like now when i use the routerbetween the pc and the modem, so in terms of wired connection it works.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

If the modem is usb, how do you connect it to the router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jimmy2shoes

the modem has an ethernet cable port so i just bouht an ethernet cable and linked from the modems lan ethernet to the wan on the router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Have you put the modem into bridge mode? (see instructions in FAQ sticked at top of forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Basically have BT broadband through the Zytel Prestige 600 series which is a USB modem. I'd imaging a lot of people have them. My other half got a lap top off her family for her birthday, it has a wireless pc card already with it. She is pregnant so wanted to use the lap top to access the internet in bed when on maternity leave. I bought, after asking for advise, an Edimax BR-6204Wg router,
    Who did you get that advice from? Do they know anything about setting up a wireless network :). (I've never heard of Edimax before your post. Google has, but apparently only in countries where English isn't the first language).
    and was basically told to follow the instructions. Now i've done that however on the router the WLAN just flashes orange and not green. I've tried everything my limited knowledge knows but to no avial. Now the lap top does detect the wireless network however doesn't connect ot the internet. I'm sure people on here have the same equipment, any ideas?
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong about anyone here having that equipment, so you'll only get generic advice. Does the router have a web interface that you access to set it up? Can you access that interface from the laptop?
    by the way i can access the internet like now when i use the routerbetween the pc and the modem, so in terms of wired connection it works.
    Can you open a command prompt on each machine, and post the output of IPCONFIG /all .

Can you PING 82.195.136.250 from the laptop?

Advertisement