Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ah, whats going on??

Options
  • 10-09-2006 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

I've been trying to pick electives for ages, couldn't choose, so naturally i registered to two which i have no interest of doing, planning on changing them when i decide what i want. But i just checked it there and all the elective parts are gone from the webpage. It says we can change till 29 sep, i'm not stuck with these, am i? I dont want to do finance and project management!!

I just found that bit saying provisional enrollement to electives ends at 12 sunday. Does that mean we can change later? Anybody know when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

To the best of my knowledge, (which isn't very much on this subject to be honest) the initial enrolment is closed, which means places are being allocated as we speak (hopefully), and then once everyone is assigned, enrolment will open again (some time tomorrow I think) and you can slot yourself into some of the modules that still have space.

Anyone who knows a more about this feel free to rubbish what I just wrote ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

When we were there you would go to your department before the end of September if you wanted to change any of your options. I don't know if you can still do that with the new system (in UCD it wouldn't surprise me) but your best bet is to head to the relevant department on Monday and suss things out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

ahhhi havent picked my electives yet!i just went to do it today and couldnt find the options anywhere,is it too late??!!!

so what happens to people who haven't sorted their electives yet?

My friend picked one this morning, went to ring someone else on the phone to ask them about another one and when they came back to do it, it was closed.

so she now has 55 credits allocated to her, but needs 60. she's freaking out, so a positive answer would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Well after we hear how the first ones were allocated you can apply for another if you didn't get into one you picked first time. So, unless all the modules in all the college are filled on the first go (I seriously, seriously doubt that can happen) you'll probably be able to pick electives second time round but a lot of them could be full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

The electives will re-open soon. I mean you can change them till end of september. Last year i went to a load of differnt lectures till i found the ones i wanted.

Advertisement