Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed!

Options
  • 10-09-2006 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hello. Not sure if this is the right forum. Please move it to an appropreiate one if it's not.

Basically, I am planning my visit to Drogheda. I will stay there for two nights (23rd and 24th). I really need some help. It'd be great if any of you could give me some advice.

I was hoping to visit Brú na Bóinne on Sunday. But I found that the earliest bus operated by Bus Éireann to Donore does not leave until 11.15 in the morning. My travel guide says that it's really busy on Sundays. Do you think if I get to Donore at 11.25, the guided tours will be fully booked already? Are there any alternative ways to get to the visitor centre? The closest I could find is to get to Duleek first, which is still very far away from Donore.

I also hope to go to the Hill of Tara. I think I could go to Navan first, then take a bus towards Dublin. Is it the best thing to do? Any local tips?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Regarding the Hill of Tara, you have the right idea. The bus to Dublin from Navan goes near enough to there. About 2 or 3 miles outside Navan you will pass a pub called Tara na Ri on your right at a crossroads. You need to get out at the NEXT right which is opposite a place called the Lismullin Centre (the driver will know it). Short walk up that right and you are there. Dunno about Bru na Boinne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ant.lei

Thank you for the info!

Just wondering, would it be a good idea to cycle from Drogheda to Brú na Bóinne? Is it safe?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

ant.lei wrote:
    Just wondering, would it be a good idea to cycle from Drogheda to Brú na Bóinne? Is it safe?

Not as safe as Cambridge..

Best get there at the crack of dawn or you may not get in. Tara is
    different - you can just wander onto the hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ant.lei

Not as safe as Cambridge..

Best get there at the crack of dawn or you may not get in. Tara is
    different - you can just wander onto the hill
    Cheers for that. I hope roads won't be too busy on a Sunday. How long do you reckon it will take me using a road map?

Advertisement