Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I feel like a moron, wheres my interview? and can i have your car?

Options
  • 10-09-2006 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I have a job interview tomoro after lunch for X ;)
    I cant find how to get there at all.
    The HR recruitment says its Clonskeagh Dublin 4, the website says different park but in Clonskeagh Dublin 14

45 mins + Google seems to agree its both of them, and no bus routes go any where near it and me.....if google had a better search feature on its maps it would be soo much better.

This is the second one I wont be able to attend due to travel...
    I spent 2 hours traveling to one the other day, Im going to have to be more picky about them but hell im unemployed, I hardly feel like i should be turning down interviews and most are advertised through agencies which just say "dublin based", everyweb site that has a building should have a map..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

How much would a taxi cost from where you are? Then when you are on your way, perhaps you could notice the bus stops on that route and work something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

15-20 euro but then thats another 15-20 back,
    but i would be working there too so cant do that long term...i just assumed since it was in dublin city i could get public transport and a short walk.
    I might get a taxi for the interview just so its not a complete waste, experience i guess is always useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'd advise you to ring them first thing in the morning and ask. I'm sort of finding it hard to understand what you're saying in the third line.

grimloch wrote:
    I'd advise you to ring them first thing in the morning and ask. I'm sort of finding it hard to understand what you're saying in the third line.
    Interview experience i meant, its always good to have more, Havent been to many. Feels like such a wasted chance to lose over sumthing so trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

just get a taxi no point in being worried about getting yourself there before an interview and when your leaving you can ask whoever is there im sure theres some sort of public transport close enough

good luck with the interview anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Remember that the Taxies are on strike tomorrow until 1pm...

are you serious??!!
    wtf do i do now.
    does the taxi strike also encompass the hackney cabs? the ones i call from my house like.

ok rang my local cab company, There is a strike SUPPOSE to happen so they dont know how many cab drivers will show up due to "more demand" or "strike supporting".

I dont need this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Clonskeagh straddles Dublin 4 and Dublin 14. They are alongside each other, so that is not an error. There are a lot of small companies around there and a small business park. It is probably in one of them. An 11 bus from town will go near past there. Ring the company in the morning and find out exactly where they are and the bus driver will tell you where to get off. It is probably one of the stops near the river Dodder.

Check www.dublinbus.ie for bus times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

taxi strike wont affect all taxi s , it will only affect ones in the union, just give yourself loads of time and you should get a taxi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Omnipay is in Richview Office Park if that's where your going.

Ericsson is in Belfield Business Park. 11 bus stops right next to both.

Donnybrook is a short walk away with 46A/B/C/D/E/F.... buses.

Same for Smurfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Just ring them first thing in the morning and ask for directions - they won't put that as a strike against you, don't worry. In my job, we'd often get people ringing up for that sort of thing, and we're happy to help them out.

Best of luck on the interview!

damn, rang all the cab companies last night to try order early incase it helped.
    non of the 3 i know will do a drimnagh to clonskeagh run. emergency picks only in once place, others wont leave thier respective base areas....
    gonna check with a neighbour who drives a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

I know someone who does that commute and they get a bus from lesson street as there is a few buses www.dublinbus.ie

Maybe think about buying a bike.

I have a bike although its flat on both wheels lol. I would use it to get to work regularly but not for getting out to an interview somewhere ive never been.
    I have bus route into town, think its leeson street then out to them, ive rang them and asked could i get it moved to later so i can do the buses but not for the time i was given.

Hey just wanted to let u all know that I got out there fine, They were kind enough to reschedule my time. didnt seem to impressed at start but after they seen my enthusiasm for the job i think they forgot it. It well over all, 1 or 2 small faults(Always learn who the companies competitors are, just names even) but i came out feeling like it had went v.well.
    Seen a taxi on the way out picking up sum1, cursed in CAPS in my notebook.
    The HR girl was really nice, HR people seem to be like that all the time to me. Are HR people happier than the rest of us?

Thanks to all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There were some taxis working yesterday, but whether they were or not, it is still better to get the bus. For future reference: If you have an interview in a place that you are not sure of the location of, if possible go a few days earlier to find out exactly where it is. As for HR people most of them are nice and friendly. Of course when they ring people to tell them they have not got a job, their friendliness is no comfort. :) Hopefully that won't be the case for you. Let us know.

Advertisement