Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dimmer with UTH

Options
  • 10-09-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

i have a UTH and i want to attach a dimmer to it to control it, but i don't have a clue on how to do it could someone tell me on how to do it?

help appretiated, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Liam what exactly *is* a UTH and does it have anything to do with this forum? :)
    Im finding nothing animal related on Google.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Liam what exactly *is* a UTH and does it have anything to do with this forum? :)
    Im finding nothing animal related on Google.

B

UTH is a Under Tank Heater for Snakes and other reptiles.

Liam never set one up, sorry

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A dimmer is for light bulbs only. You need a thermostat not a dimmer. Thermosats are available in a good a reptitle store or an electrical wholesalers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Ah, thanks tcob1, that makes a lot more sense, lol, googy was not turning up anything. :)

If thats the case, then yeah, as bond said, get a thermostat, trying to "bodge" a control using a light bulb dimmer, if it did somhow work, I doubt would be reliable.

b

Advertisement