Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

putting cd player in an opel

Options
  • 10-09-2006 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought a car cd stereo for my opel astra but the connections on the car itself aren't lose wires like most cars , they are stuck onto the car (if u get me) so when I plug the cd player in, its sticking out a bit because of the connections at the back. I heard this is a common problem with opels and I have googled it but no luck - Any help appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I know what you mean - the wires are bound quite tightly in the loom at the back. It was the same in the Vectra I used to have when I put in an MP3 player. Didn't affect me as I was using an adaptor to ensure I kept my steering wheel controls and got my MP3 ID3 tags displayed on the dash. The adaptor gave the extra length for the cables to move around a bit, took a bit of juggling but ended up looking neat.

What year Astra is it? If you're doing the same thing, I still have the adaptor but not the car. PM me if you might be interested in taking it off my hands for a reasonable sum. Its a Connects2 DOPS004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

It wasnt the fact I couldnt use the controls it was just lookin a bit dodgy stickin out like that.. My car doesnt have steering wheel controls anyway, I went into halfords and the guy told me theres 3 small clips at the back of the steel bracket in opels and when u unclip them and pull it just slides out, and then u have the lose wires as in a normal car.. that worked anyway its grand now

Advertisement