Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE- Getting 2 meet wrestlers

• 10-09-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

with wwe coming to dublin this november , i'm wondering does anybody have tips on how to meet the wrestlers after the show ..... would be class, i remember hearing a women behind me at last years show saying she managed to get passes backstage and she was telling the son , i was sooooooo jealous................

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

They've stayed in The Clarion the last couple of times and head to The Point (on foot) around lunchtime.

Used to work down near The Point, the lads from Sheriff Street were very excited milling around Valance & McGraths pub waiting for them one afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Last year for the Summer Bash at the RDS,I met the man himself Stone Cold Steve Austin (he was enforcer for the Cena v Angle v JBL main event),the man was sound,posed for a pic,signed autographs,top man. The wrestlers came into the hotel later in the day,I dunno if heels are supposed to stay in character or if they were all having an off day but Nitro and Melina wouldnt stop for pics,a kid tapped Billy Kidman on the shoulder and Kidman goes "Dont touch me",Heidenreich wouldnt sign my magazine because Taker was on the cover! :D Got Rey's autograph in there,he was maskless,no one had a clue who he was,Torrie Wilson,Nick Patrick,Teddy Long,Paul London were all sound. Cena stopped for a pic and autograph,supposed he'd have to being WWE Champ at the time,but was really cool about it.

After the show we went out for a cigarette then the door swings open,we turn around and its the Big Show. The man has to be seen to be believed he's MASSIVE! He was smoking and we go "And there I was thinking smoking stunted your growth"! One of the lads asked him for his email and Show goes : "Look at my hand,does it look like I use a computer??" :D

Mark Jindrak came out after that,he was pretty cool,told him he needed to bring back the Reflection of Perfection gimmick! Then some young fella has a go at Brian Hebner outside : "Yer aul fella screwed Bret Hart,he was my favourite wrestler". Bit much I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 goonthedan

Last year for the Summer Bash at the RDS,I met the man himself Stone Cold Steve Austin (he was enforcer for the Cena v Angle v JBL main event),the man was sound,posed for a pic,signed autographs,top man. The wrestlers came into the hotel later in the day,I dunno if heels are supposed to stay in character or if they were all having an off day but Nitro and Melina wouldnt stop for pics,a kid tapped Billy Kidman on the shoulder and Kidman goes "Dont touch me",Heidenreich wouldnt sign my magazine because Taker was on the cover! :D Got Rey's autograph in there,he was maskless,no one had a clue who he was,Torrie Wilson,Nick Patrick,Teddy Long,Paul London were all sound. Cena stopped for a pic and autograph,supposed he'd have to being WWE Champ at the time,but was really cool about it.

After the show we went out for a cigarette then the door swings open,we turn around and its the Big Show. The man has to be seen to be believed he's MASSIVE! He was smoking and we go "And there I was thinking smoking stunted your growth"! One of the lads asked him for his email and Show goes : "Look at my hand,does it look like I use a computer??" :D

Mark Jindrak came out after that,he was pretty cool,told him he needed to bring back the Reflection of Perfection gimmick! Then some young fella has a go at Brian Hebner outside : "Yer aul fella screwed Bret Hart,he was my favourite wrestler". Bit much I thought.

deadly were u workin at the event or what???? thats class .... prob would be hard 2 meet them at the point............

Nah was staying very close to their hotel is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Get a day pass for westwood and just stay there all day. Guaranteed to meet them there. Undertaker even spat all over the floor in the sauna. When Raven was here a couple of years ago he went to Westwood too, just took a phonecall and the let him use the facilities. He's a bit of a douche though.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    Get a day pass for westwood and just stay there all day. Guaranteed to meet them there. Undertaker even spat all over the floor in the sauna. When Raven was here a couple of years ago he went to Westwood too, just took a phonecall and the let him use the facilities. He's a bit of a douche though.

Which Westwood gym did the taker incident happen at? Some laugh if he went back there this time around :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

I met Carlito at the Westwood in Clontarf last year

R.Rated wrote:
    I met Carlito at the Westwood in Clontarf last year

Nice one,was he "cool"? Sorry,couldnt resist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

is there any word on the wwe stars coming to smiths/hmv/easons/other this time to met fans and sign autographs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

is there any word on the wwe stars coming to smiths/hmv/easons/other this time to met fans and sign autographs

I emailed all three places that you mentioned. No reply from easons, if I want info from hmv I was told to send a letter to an english address :rolleyes:

Got a reply from Smyths that there will be a signing but no details were available and to keep checking the WWE site for upcoming details :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

it's dead easy to meet them in Belfast. I must have met about 20 or so wrestlers the last time I was there. Eddie Guerrero was a real nice guy and chatted with us for ages. I met Rico twice there and he's probably the soundest one I ever met. I even got on tv doin the RVD taunt with Van Damme outside the Odessey

how did u met them , any way of buying backstage tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

goonthedan wrote:
    i remember hearing a women behind me at last years show saying she managed to get passes backstage and she was telling the son , i was sooooooo jealous................

i wouldnt be suprised if she was saying just to make people around her jealous. i hear its not that hard, Trish and Kurt turned up in HMV last time Smackdown were around. Its been a while since I was found watching wrestling of a Sunday morning, might watch tomorrow morning since work got cancelled lol. brings back nostalgic memories of me and my mates beating the **** through each other in the backyard. as for meeting wrestlers, try the usual hotels, and there are also supposed to be meet and greet situations too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

what hotel are the wrestlers staying in this time in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

The Burlington.

how do you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

FX Meister wrote:
    Undertaker even spat all over the floor in the sauna.

Actually he didn't, he spat once, the story was blown out of proportion by a member who witnessed it and caused a scene, fortunately other members also saw what happened and pointed this out to management.

As far as i am aware, Westwood are still on great terms with the WWE, and the guys will continue using the gym when they are over.

It is a good idea to try and sort out a day pass for the day they will be over as it is a handy way to meet them.

One thing i will say is if you do this be there to train...the guys don't get a lot of time to workout, and when they do it's very valuable to them so don't interupt mid set whatever you do. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

so does anyone know what wrestlers are doing signing and where???Ive just checked wwe.com and they dont have anything listed under the "appearance" section

fatal wrote:
    so does anyone know what wrestlers are doing signing and where???Ive just checked wwe.com and they dont have anything listed under the "appearance" section

There is gonna be a signing at Smyths, dunno who yet. It'll hopefully be posted up in the appearance section during this week.

In England (Nov. 9th & 10th) there are gonna be Raw wrestlers (Jeff, Torrie, Edge & Lita) signing copies of Summerslam & GAB, so hopefully there will be one announced for HMV in Dublin to sign the same DVDs or else for SD vs. Raw 07, since it is being released on the weekend SD are in town.

Nothing announced on Easons website anyway, and still no email back from them. Will post if I find any other info!

I hope Mr. kennedy (pause pause) kennedy is doing a signing He is Sexy......Sexy

• Advertisement

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    how do you know
    My Mam works there - they are all booked in for 2 nights - Nov 11th & 12th - they fly to Manchester directly after the Sunday 13th show, so they won't actually be in Dublin after the 2nd Smackdown show in The Point.

My Mam works there - they are all booked in for 2 nights - Nov 11th & 12th - they fly to Manchester directly after the Sunday 13th show, so they won't actually be in Dublin after the 2nd Smackdown show in The Point.

are you gonna meet any wrestlers there

Absolutely!!

How are they flying out on sunday if they have a show on monday aswell??anyway of gettin a few of us in aswell;) ?

Yeah Larry,think you got rumbled there bud!;)

Absolutely!!

did they stay at the burlington last year

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    did they stay at the burlington last year

i dont think so..from what i heard they stayed at the gresham

Yeah Larry,think you got rumbled there bud!;)

emmm ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

So far we've got the Burlington,Gresham and Clarion hotels on the list. We need more hotels to make it even more uncertain!

• Advertisement

So far we've got the Burlington,Gresham and Clarion hotels on the list. We need more hotels to make it even more uncertain!

Don't forget Jurys & the Herbert Park hotel! ;)

Don't forget Jurys & the Herbert Park hotel! ;)

I could be very much mistaken but was it you from this board that got pictures with them last time? This girl knows more than what she's telling!

I Heard that these wrestlers would be doing signings in dublin

Sunday November 12th - 3-5pm Gamestop,Henry st. Finlay and William Regal are doing signings.

Monday November 13th - 3-5pm Smyths,Jervis St,Bobby Lashley and Gregory Helms are doing signings

I read this on a website i don't know if its true

I'm really mad Sexy Ken Kennedy didn't come and do some autographs

I could be very much mistaken but was it you from this board that got pictures with them last time? This girl knows more than what she's telling!

Met Smackdown wrestlers outside the Herbert when they were over for the Summerbash show last year and met some Raw wrestlers outside the Clarion last Nov. Don't have any pics with wrestlers, but did post some pics up of them from signings and outside the herbert.

Lol, Vince I wish I knew more, but I've given all the info I have.
    d1sc0g1rl wrote:

Link?

fatal wrote:
    emmm ok?

I meant that his dates were a little off,cant be in 2 places at once like! Lads they chop and change hotels all the time,Gresham,Jurys,Herbert Park,Burlington,Westbury..take your pick. Its hit and hope when Dublin is concerned.

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    I Heard that these wrestlers would be doing signings in dublin

Sunday November 12th - 3-5pm Gamestop,Henry st. Finlay and William Regal are doing signings.

Monday November 13th - 3-5pm Smyths,Jervis St,Bobby Lashley and Gregory Helms are doing signings

I'm really mad Sexy Ken Kennedy didn't come and do some autographs

Kennedy is sound. He wasnt on the card at Wrestlemania but at the Fan Axxess he popped in and did the KENNEDY spiel. he's great with the fans.

• Advertisement

fatal wrote:
    How are they flying out on sunday if they have a show on monday aswell??anyway of gettin a few of us in aswell;) ?
    eh, they have a show in Manchester on Monday dumbass.

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/?country=United%20Kingdom

The Smackdown roster have no United Kingdom date for Monday. Just Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

lol, my mate met Heidenreich upstairs in Burgerking by himself last year. He was eating a table full of food, understandably. He was real nice apparently and chatted with my friend for ages

[QUOTE=RebelRockChick Link?[/QUOTE]

caws.ws go to wrestling chat and SPOILERS

lol, my mate met Heidenreich upstairs in Burgerking by himself last year. He was eating a table full of food, understandably. He was real nice apparently and chatted with my friend for ages

He is sound! Met him outside the Herbert park hotel last year. He was chatting away as he was signing an autograph for me. Then when he was going into the lift (we were outside the building, right across from the lift), he started doing the Heidenreich walk as the doors were closing, lol.
    d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    caws.ws go to wrestling chat and SPOILERS

Went there, don't see any info about it. Do you have an exact link to the post?

• Advertisement

eh, they have a show in Manchester on Monday dumbass.
    http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/?country=United%20Kingdom

The Smackdown roster have no United Kingdom date for Monday. Just Raw.

whos the dumbass now????stupid kids :rolleyes:

Did the superstars ever stay at the 4 seasons hotel?what hotel did they say at whenever the shows have been at the point on the last 3 occassions?
    So far nothing on wwe.com about any appearances:confused:

fatal wrote:

Did the superstars ever stay at the 4 seasons hotel?what hotel did they say at whenever the shows have been at the point on the last 3 occassions?
    So far nothing on wwe.com about any appearances:confused:

I'm not sure if they have stayed at the 4 Seasons. Last Nov. they stayed at the Clarion for definate. I think they may have stayed at Jurys and Herbert Park hotel for Smackdown April '05 and Raw May '04, could be wrong.

just confirmed by wwe.........

Sunday, November 12 3:00 p.m.
    Gamestop, Dublin, UK
    Meet Finlay and William Regal on Nov. 12 at 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Gamestop, 16 Henry Street, Dublin, UK.

Monday, November 13 3:00 p.m.
    Smyth Toys, Dublin, UK
    Meet Mr. Kennedy and Gregory Helms on Nov. 13 at 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Smyth Toys, Jervis Street, Dublin 1.

was watching heat and todd said breaking news regarding the tour.....

Gamestop, Dublin, UK
    Meet Finlay and William Regal on Nov. 12 at 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Gamestop, 16 Henry Street, Dublin, UK.

Smyth Toys, Dublin, UK
    Meet Mr. Kennedy and Gregory Helms on Nov. 13 at 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Smyth Toys, Jervis Street, Dublin 1.

thanks for that.....d1sc0g1rl is gonna be so happy about kennedy doing the monday signing lol
    as usual with wwe they have ****ed up again and the appearances are under the "united kingdom" and not ireland

Regal and Finlay would be great to meet I reckon.Would be gas if Finlays little buddy showed too :D

Would be gas if Finlays little buddy showed too :D
    that would be ****in hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Gamestop, Dublin, UK

Smyth Toys, Dublin, UK

Ahh well no Jeff Hardy I am not going to bother going unless I have nothing to do. What will they be signing does anybody know the game, a dvd, a book?

I reckon either the new Smackdown vs Raw game or a dvd,prob Summerslam or something.

Gamestop, Dublin, UK

Smyth Toys, Dublin, UK

About time!! :rolleyes: They still don't have Helms down for any match either night, but I guess that'll change!

Can't wait for it now, less than a week away! :D

I reckon either the new Smackdown vs Raw game or a dvd,prob Summerslam or something.
    usually they let you get anything signed...a book,action figure,game etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement