Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE- Getting 2 meet wrestlers

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

ah i was hoping matt hardy would do a signing considering how popular he'd b to go see,ah well never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Slightly off topic but anybody going to the Raw taping in Manchester the night after? Got a decent seat so should be a good 'un! Think they are taping ECW the same night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Think they are taping ECW the same night :D

That could be the reason why Dublin is the only part of the Smackdown tour that does not have ECW wrestlers (CM Punk, RVD) advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

last year smiths , made u buy a game and get a token before getting to meet them ... the w****** ... lol , will gamestop make you but something before meeting them ... i'm broke :(:(:(

That could be the reason why Dublin is the only part of the Smackdown tour that does not have ECW wrestlers (CM Punk, RVD) advertised.

Fingers crossed for me so! :D

last year smiths , made u buy a game and get a token before getting to meet them ... the w****** ... lol , will gamestop make you but something before meeting them ... i'm broke :(:(:(

I remember that,if i recall it was due to be Carlito.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

just confirmed by wwe.........

Sunday, November 12 3:00 p.m.
    Gamestop, Dublin, UK
    Meet Finlay and William Regal on Nov. 12 at 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Gamestop, 16 Henry Street, Dublin, UK.

Monday, November 13 3:00 p.m.
    Smyth Toys, Dublin, UK
    Meet Mr. Kennedy and Gregory Helms on Nov. 13 at 3:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. at Smyth Toys, Jervis Street, Dublin 1.

was watching heat and todd said breaking news regarding the tour.....
    cool my sexy ken is doing a signing.does anybody know for sure how to get passes for the signing?Please let me know cuz i really,really want to meet ken

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    cool my sexy ken is doing a signing.does anybody know for sure how to get passes for the signing?Please let me know cuz i really,really want to meet ken

Your best bet is to give Smyths a buzz as soon as you can and try to sort out tickets,these signings tend to go real fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Tickets for the Gamestop signing are available now from the store on Henry st. I was told that they are going fast.

As for the Smyths signing, I was told you get tickets when you pre-order Smackdown vs. Raw 07. Last year I got tickets without having to buy the game so I'm gonna try and do that again this time round!

• Advertisement

Tickets for the Gamestop signing are available now from the store on Henry st. I was told that they are going fast.

As for the Smyths signing, I was told you get tickets when you pre-order Smackdown vs. Raw 07. Last year I got tickets without having to buy the game so I'm gonna try and do that again this time round!
    How did you get the tickets last year?I don't live in Dublin so i won't be able to pre order smackdown Vs. Raw 07.So i really want to know how to get the tickets without having to pre order the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

this is a ****ing joke!!I just rang gamestop and they said that tickets are ONLY available to those who purchase something and it seems like in smyths you have to order raw vs smackdown 2007 before you get any tickets......

fatal wrote:
    this is a ****ing joke!!I just rang gamestop and they said that tickets are ONLY available to those who purchase

To be fair thats how every signing I have ever been to operated. You buy something. They sign it.

To be fair thats how every signing I have ever been to operated. You buy something. They sign it.

did you go to the one in easons of hmv...you didnt have to buy anything to be able to meet them.
    what do you do if you dont have a psp,ps2 or xbox2 then?surely you dont just buy the games when you dont have the console/s

fatal wrote:
    did you go to the one in easons of hmv...you didnt have to buy anything to be able to meet them.
    what do you do if you dont have a psp,ps2 or xbox2 then?surely you dont just buy the games when you dont have the console/s

I did n't. I was just going on other experiences. I take your point on the console.

fatal wrote:
    this is a ****ing joke!!I just rang gamestop and they said that tickets are ONLY available to those who purchase something and it seems like in smyths you have to order raw vs smackdown 2007 before you get any tickets......
    Can you pre order the game over the phone or do you have to go in to smyths in person to pre order it does any body know?

• Advertisement

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Can you pre order the game over the phone or do you have to go in to smyths in person to pre order it does any body know?
    you have to go in,in person and do it and they take your details and when you go back on monday they will give you the game and tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

I pre-ordered mine today.

Regarding when ur meeting the wrestlers. Do they just sign the game? or can you take pictures?

Xylophonic wrote:

Regarding when ur meeting the wrestlers. Do they just sign the game? or can you take pictures?

as long as you buy the game they dont give a **** what you get signed.....you have to wait untuil monday when you buy the game to get tickets yea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

No, was told I would get a phonecall Thursday Night to collect the game and ticket(s)!

Xylophonic wrote:

Last few times its just been sign only. If there wasnt many attending then maybe you could have a pic taken but if one person wants a pic then everybody else would want one. Security just want you in and out a.s.a.p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

I might be able to get 1 spare pass to the signing in Smyths which someone here can have if one of my mates dont want it first (that is if anyone is interested)

BOHS wrote:
    I might be able to get 1 spare pass to the signing in Smyths which someone here can have if one of my mates dont want it first (that is if anyone is interested)
    dude i will be so grateful if I could have that spare pass if your mate doesnt want it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

I wont know till the weekend if they are taking it but if not you can have it fatal. If nuthin else it will get you in without having to buy the game.

BOHS wrote:
    I wont know till the weekend if they are taking it but if not you can have it fatal. If nuthin else it will get you in without having to buy the game.
    thanks a million man....il be waiting anxiously lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I was able to organise someone to pick up my tickets from Gamestop. Thank's for all the info, lads....

hey guys just being nosey nd wondering where people are sitting.... would block f row f ... are they good seats .. would i be able 2 see them good

hey guys just being nosey nd wondering where people are sitting.... would block f row f ... are they good seats .. would i be able 2 see them good
    check on the ticketmaster website...
    www.ticketmaster.ie go to the seating arrangement chart and you will find it

I have a spare ticket for the gamestop signing for any of the regular posters in the boards wrestling section.If anyone wants it pm me or something...

they are flying in today and so is there anyone here that is 100% sure of where the wrestlers are staying?

They have a show in Italy today, are they flying in after that?

No idea what hotel they are staying at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mr kennedy in smyths! damn wish i was going now,i work for hmv and a guy i work with was there last year when john cena and kurt angle did an appearance in grafton st (might have been 2004) he said cena was really approachable but kurt angle was a complete dick

krudler wrote:
    mr kennedy in smyths! damn wish i was going now,i work for hmv and a guy i work with was there last year when john cena and kurt angle did an appearance in grafton st (might have been 2004) he said cena was really approachable but kurt angle was a complete dick

When kurt was at the signing at hmv last year,he had a look in his eyes that made it seem as though he would be a dick-a really intense kind of look but he did take a minute out to talk to me when I eventually got to the table and shook his hand and all of a sudden it was an honour to talk to the guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

I met them all today in the Herbert Park Hotel. JBL and Batista were a disgrace though completly walked straight past the fans while the others stopped

R.Rated wrote:
    I met them all today in the Herbert Park Hotel. JBL and Batista were a disgrace though completly walked straight past the fans while the others stopped

co-sign......was there aswell today and both JBL and batista were assholes with fans.JBL simply blanked alot of the fans when they asked him if they could get an autograph...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

well jbl is a dick anyway,so glad hes gone from the ring,no talent bully is all he ever was,wrestling god?dont make me ****ing laugh

krudler wrote:
    well jbl is a dick anyway,so glad hes gone from the ring,no talent bully is all he ever was,wrestling god?dont make me ****ing laugh
    I have heard that he is supposed to be a dick anyway but what was annoying was that he refused to evenm sign autographs for 8/9 year old kids.Batista is a arrogant ****er...he signed autographs but was a complete dick about it

Well all just back home from the Raw/ECW taping in Manchester. On the short flight over I saw someone that was the spit of the Miz,then realised it was him (HOO-RAH!) He said he was just flying in from LA and got the connecting flight at Dublin over to the UK,he said it was his first time in Europe. They taped ECW first,the crowd was dead in some parts,but picked up near the end. Raw was brilliant,was evey bit as good as the one I saw in Chicago. DX got great pops for their skits all night.

On the way home today I was going to my departure gate when I saw one of the Spirit Squad,was gonna call him but wasnt sure which one it was so I left it! Met Holly and Murdoch,told em they had good matches,they said thanks. Then saw Carlito and Victoria (they are an item apparently),shook Carlito's hand and got a picture with him. Cool. :D Got a pic with Lilian and then Mickie James,both were sound out. Met Edge,DX and Flair,but they were late for their flight so they didnt stick around too long. Got a few words out of Edge,HHH and Flair,then some airport security asked HBK for an autograph and they just blanked him! Umaga was there (minus the facepaint),think I saw Candice too but she was heavily disguised,said hello to John Cena and that was that!

Went to the two signings, got a picture with Finlay (I think I was the last to!). Regal was sound, got a picture of him signing.

The Smyths signing was good, I got 2 pics printed out for each to sign. When I handed mine to Helms, he knew I got off his myspace and said myspace.com. Then he started showing the pic to Kennedy & the security guy and said something to them (can't remember it right now!), Kennedy was cool too.

I think the worst part of the signings was the amount of people skipping the queue. There was a guy with 2/3 kids who jumped in line near the front about 20 minutes before Helms & Kennedy showed, It's really annoying when people are queuing for 2/3 hours. Nothing was done about it either!*rant over*

Anyways rushed over to the Herbert right after the Smyths signing. Saw Sharmell, Michelle McCool & Kristal in the lobby before heading to the bus. Finlay and Regal were hanging around outside the bus. Saw Booker & Batista too. Undertaker seemed fairly sound, he was signing autographs and let people have pictures taken with him! Saw London heading to the bus too. Was gonna go to the airport after the show, but was a bit too tired to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 y2j rebel

JBL did suck, He was in the lobby for ages during the day and would not give us an auto graph. The funny thing was he was very badly dress during the day.

But on the other hand so many of the wrestlers were completly cool, especially Paul London.

alot of them must of been drinking the night before, Michelle McCool said to us that see was feeling really bad.

Kennedy, Matt Hardy and Layla were some of the other wrestler who were really cool.

Matt hardy, signed autographs for us and stood for a photo and that photo did not turn out well so he stood for another

Kennedy was really chatty and very friendly

Layla was surpised we noticed her when see came back from a run, very energetic and friendly.

• Advertisement

omg i was soo depressed .. i went to the hotel and the two buses were just coming out . i could see matt hardy looking out the window and michelle mcool in the first seat.. i didn't want to believe it was them and went into the hotel and was told they had gone

y2j rebel wrote:
    alot of them must of been drinking the night before, Michelle McCool said to us that see was feeling really bad.

She seemed to be kinda limping out of the hotel when she was heading to the bus and she put her shades on when she got outside the door...thought she might of had a hangover alright! lol

leyla was really cool..i took a pic with her and then she even posed for another pic and was calling me "honey" and "babe" which was a nice thing to be called by a diva lol...
    London was very friendly..he came down early and spoke to everyone there and signed lots and allowed us to take alot of pics.It was kind of scary going up to the likes of batista(who turned out to be a ****in dick),taker and kane.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 y2j rebel

Undertaker was very intimidating, and so was Tatanka. I remember Ric Flair last year being very intimidating also.

As far as Kane, He is actually very quiet. It was my third time meeting him and he is very potile but quiet.

Advertisement