Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would this be worth anything?

• 10-09-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I have an old HP Omnibook XE3 GF and was wondering if it would be worth anything today.

Specs are:

12" LCD Screen
    P3 733Mhz (933Mhz Accelerated)
    128 MB PC133 SDRAM ( 2 Slots , Max supported 1GB Ram 2x512mb )
    8MB Intel 830m Graphics
    40Gb Seagate HD
    DVD-Rom
    Licensed for Windows XP & 2000 (Both Professional)
    1.5 Hrs Battery Life
    2x USB 2.0
    PCMCIA 3com Wireless Card

Well would it be worth anything near €300?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'd be thinking more along the lines of 150-200 Euro.

Considering a brand new Dell 1300 can be got for 500 Euro, I'd say that would be the most you could expect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

well i seen a 533mhz/64mb ram/5gb hd/ dell laptop in the buyandsell for €299 and the laptop was one of those business listings not listed by a person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I suppose we should draw a distinction between selling to knowledgable Boards.ie posters and Joe Public.

Buy and Sell is for the Great Unwashed so you may get a little more there. But anyone who pays 299 Euro for that laptop is being ripped off big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

If you can get 300 for that let me know and I will supply the fireworks, flags and drinks. Personally I would not trade for an empty packet of Tato crisps.
    Its about as usefull as a hole in a parachute to me anyway. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd say it's worth about 150.

but as you can see youself, thats not to say you can't rip someone off for twice that in the buyandsell, where some of the dodgiest deals in history go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

ah so the buyandsell it will go then not adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 packie

if it is 12 inch screen then that lowers it a bit unless it is ultraligh/ ultra portable style, mention this when listing.
    Dealers selling this would probably want 300 ish as they offer at least a 3 month guarantee, this is easy to do if your confident it is not a piece of crap.
    has it modem, lan, any extra softwARE, the great unwashed always like word excel etc.
    If you couldnt be bothered send me a pic of it and i might buy it , i have a big giant german friend needs a cheap laptop to surf the net, baasic stuff.
    What weight is it?

Advertisement