Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap corsets in Dublin

• 10-09-2006 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Right, where in Dublin (Preferably around the Stephens Green area) can one buy a relatively cheap (But good enough quality) corset? I'm talking like under 150 euro... Or would I be out of luck there? Thankie.

[EDIT] My budget changed...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

For under 40 euro you're not going to get a real corset but you would probably get something that looks like a corset. However, it's only going to have plastic boning which bends out of shape quite quickly and offers zero support. It would be fine for a one night occasion really but if you wear it a lot it will lose it's shape.

Most of the high street stores are doing basque/corset type tops at the moment.

If you're very skinny these "corsets" will keep their shape longer but if you have any kind of curves they won't.

The cheapest proper corset I've found was on a British fetish site and it was £50 sterling. It fits wonderfully, has proper steel boning and will keep it's shape through many, many wears.

Miss Fantasia on Sth William St has wonderful stock but is pricey. You'd be looking at around the €200 mark. But it would last forever and look fantastic.

There's a new fetish clothing store over Flip in Temple Bar that also does a range of corsets that are cheaper than Miss Fantasia (Can't give you an approximate price here as it was my fiance who saw them). Good value for Ireland but not compared to what you can find on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

There was a shop in Stephen's Green Centre called Asha that did corsets, but am I right in thinking that that closed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

As far as I know Asha are still there. They did have corsets but again the OP would be looking at paying at least €80 for something from there not the under €40 she's looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Ah right, I heard it had closed (?). I didn't think it cost that much in there! Haven't been in that area for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Madeleine

Actually... My budget has changed a tad... tis now about 150 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

All corsets are cheap! hahahahaha!

No not really actually, I lie for the sake of word-related humour. If only you had posted looked for cheap fake nails or hair extensions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

There's a new fetish clothing store over Flip in Temple Bar that also does a range of corsets that are cheaper than Miss Fantasia (Can't give you an approximate price here as it was my fiance who saw them). Good value for Ireland but not compared to what you can find on the internet.
    To be more accurate, I had only a quick browse and my impression of them is:

Usual enough range of clothing aimed at the fetish and goth markets, but most of the sort you can wear outside rather than the more hard-core fetish items.

Pricier than the Internet. Good value for Dublin.

They could well not stock any at all, I don't particularly remember a corset range, but they'd be worth checking out.

Internet for the win though. honour-dot-co-dot-uk are extremely good value. I'm not linking directly to them as some of the other items would make it not a work-safe website, but they're well worth checking out.

If you haven't got a corset before, don't expect the degree of waist-size reduction Dita Von Tease gets - go for just about 4 inches less than your normal waist size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

for underwear corset try www.figleaves.com/ireland

Advertisement