Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone at the Limerick Racesourse??

Options
  • 10-09-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

Just wondering did any of you go to the Limerick Racecourse this weekend.

It was taken over for everything car related, drifting, quarter mile drags, show cars etc

I went and I have to say i was very impressed by it.

It was not perfect by any means, strip for drag racing was very narrow and dusty for example

cost 15 euro to get in which wasn't too bad. Lots of parking.

The one thing that did spoil it for me was the amount of tools who were racing on the way home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Sounds good! Were there any good trade stands at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

There were lots of stands there alright but don't know what ya mean by trade stands.

The dude from pimp my ride uk was there..not westwood the guy who owned/managed the garage

There was a 10 year old drifting, giving a demo....mental to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Joeface

did know it was on prob would have gone...was wondering what all the modified cars were doing blockin the dual carriage way 3 across over 2 lanes on my way home

yeah on the way in a sierra rear ended an accord type R. That was in the queue to pay. Some stupid driving going on altogether

still great event all teh same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Joeface

am ok the re ending is silly ...but my question is " THERE IS AN ACCORD TYPE R"

the three across the road were a Glanza(i hate them) a 1.2 Corsa , and think it was a civic not sure.But all they were doing was talkin out to each other and weaving over and back. Idiots...blocked the road.

(woohoo post number 500)

edit: found it wow 209bhp. http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=76274&Honda

• Advertisement

My brother wanted to put an accord type R engine in an integra and use it for drag racing

Instead he bought an Integra type R

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Joeface wrote:
    am ok the re ending is silly ...but my question is " THERE IS AN ACCORD TYPE R"

Yes, there is indeed:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=470646

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Will always have good memories of Limerick Racecourse as it was the only show I managed to bring my car to before it met it's sad end, after spending a chunk of savings on it :(

The big walls at the front were great as they worked as giant amplifiers, I parked with the speakers facing them and only had the volume turned up to 12 and you could hear the music all around the parade ring.. sweet :D

Generally the trade stands were decent, once ya get into bargain mode you can pick up some deals. The 1/4 mile was a bit pants, but if its the best there was to offer then so be it. :)

bazz26 wrote:

did you go to the meet bazz

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Took a spin down myself, the 2 guys doing the mic's on king of the ring where fairly funny at times, kept getting the cars mucked up though :D The quater mile runs where interesting, bit far from the viewing area though. Car there done 0-60 in 3.23 secs nearly sure it was a scooby :eek: Souped up to bits obviously. The Evo's done some really fast times also, same over in Silverstone at trax. Some nicely done motors on display also. Was worth the spin. Ye vegeta heard bout the guy few cars behind me rear ending someone bit embarrasing, poor guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Vegeta wrote:
    did you go to the meet bazz

No but my next door neighbour was out all day Saturday washing and waxing his 06 Scooby. He must have had an interesting day there as when I saw it today it was covered in dirt again.

Fredrick wrote:
    Took a spin down myself, the 2 guys doing the mic's on king of the ring where fairly funny at times, kept getting the cars mucked up though :D The quater mile runs where interesting, bit far from the viewing area though. Car there done 0-60 in 3.23 secs nearly sure it was a scooby :eek: Souped up to bits obviously. The Evo's done some really fast times also, same over in Silverstone at trax. Some nicely done motors on display also. Was worth the spin. Ye vegeta heard bout the guy few cars behind me rear ending someone bit embarrasing, poor guy.

yeah it was a HK impreza 450bhp i think. It had anti-lag and the whole nine yards. That was a pro racing car though and did the quarter in 11.44 at one stage. mental in fairness

There was an evo there doing about 12.40 times which was decent, 0-60 in 4.40 something

my brother took part and said the worst thing was the dust on the track and his lack of race tires.

starting in first the car (integra type R) would just spin the sh1te out of the wheels and starting in second you risk messing up the take off when you go in to third

Advertisement