Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB self install

Options
  • 10-09-2006 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered several times before, but I can't seem to get searches to work this evening.

I've just bought a D-Link G624T ADSL modem/wireless router from Argos, and need to get it working on my BT adsl connection. No joy so far.

At the moment I'm using my old ZyXel 600 series modem. As far as I can remember it uses PPPoE and then acts as a DHCP server.

I can get the D-Link to act as a DHCP server no problem, but any attempt to connect to the net just fails. This could possibly have to do with my BTBB username and password, but I check yesterday with tech support and I'm pretty sure I have the right one.

Any suggestions? Anything I should be particularly looking at?

Cheers,

SK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

replicate all settings seen for VPI VCI, MTU, CHAP encryption.

Do not do any of these using Firefox for the D-link interface, only IE, as firefox seems to have problems with displaying some of the web interface pages (XML). Also if your password has an &/ampersand symbol in it, make sure to type it in HEX, again the dlink can't process the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Also dont forget your BT username has @BTBB at the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sylvan_kell

Thanks for the pointers.

As it turns out, the username and password I had been given was wrong. Once that was put right, everything worked without further kerfuffle.

Advertisement