Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazilian Wax

• 10-09-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question to anyone who gets these. How long do the results last for and how quickly do you experience regrowth?

I've heard about 3 weeks of hairlessness is usual, followed by another 3/4 weeks of regrowth to let the hair be long enough to be re-waxed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Sounds about right. The amount and quickness of regrowth will depend on your waxer. Strip wax is more likely to break the hairs rather than pull them out at the root so for that reason hot wax is recommended for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Yup, I normally get 2-3 weeks out of waxing, you'll find after a while that it doesn't grow back as much if you keep getting it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 failurebydesign

Are ingrowing hairs a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

It lasts about 2-3 weeks, depending. You are supposed to get waxed again about 6 - 8 weeks later, because it's less painful each time, if you keep that up. I've only been to www.urbanwax.com and I find them really good, they make it as painless as possible.

Go for the hot wax because it's better for sensitive skin and not as sore as the strip wax (cool wax). They peel off the hot one.

They recommend using this Australian tea tree body cream on the area after because it sooths it and prevents ingrown hairs etc. Don't think ingrown hairs are a problem really with the waxing, but there's another oil they have that sorts those out.

Costs about €65 to get done. You shouldn't go anywhere that is really cheap because you don't really wanna risk a cheapo job done on that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

daiixi wrote:
    Strip wax is more likely to break the hairs rather than pull them out at the root so for that reason hot wax is recommended for the area.

This was what I was looking for. I had it done for the first time 2 and a half weeks ago and I had regrowth in less than a week. But she used a strip wax, it was hot but taken of with cloth strips. I was left a little red for a few days after and then after 5/6 days I could see hairgrowth. So the effort didn't seem worth it for just 3 days of non-irritated hairlessness.:confused:

I'll just go to a different waxer next time. I have a few recommendations, so I'll try one of those. I'm in London so I've a lot of choice and it's a fair bit cheaper too, one of the recommendations I've got is supposed to be excellent and only £18, about €27.

• Advertisement
Advertisement