Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I doubt a wooden case would be good for your temps.

Might be good for a HTPC though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

As TomCo says, wood would keep in heat & lead to a serious rise in temps. :mad: Not very practical.

You can buy woodgrain contact or if your good with a paintbrush you can "grain effect" with a paintbrush & gloss paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Yeah, you could also experiment with wood paneling, laminates, and incorporate aditional fans as required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shepherd

From what I can gather, the temp rise thing is a myth. On standard PC, only a tiny fraction of the heat built up is lost through the casing, almost all going through fans/grills etc. : Those who have tried it before seem to be saying wood does not contribute to any temp rise, once the air flow is the same as a standard case

It seems that wood is also a much better sound insulator too, which is a nice bonus.

I suppose Ill just have to go build my own...

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

That zap Wizard must have been a tree in a previous life... His work is amazing..

• Advertisement
Advertisement