Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X1900XT - Not happy :(

Options
  • 10-09-2006 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

My lovely new Connect3d X1900XT is a piece of junk. Can't believe how awful it is!

Temps hit 95 degrees at stock clocks while playing COD2 with evertything turned up full. Brutal artifacts, can't see a single thing on the screen with all the artifacting going on.

Going to have to send back this POS and wait 2 weeks for a new graphics card back from overclockers uk... :mad: :( :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :( :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

I wonder will they let me get a 7900GTO instead... Really don't want another ATI card after this piece of crap. I should have learnt my lesson from my dead 9800 Pro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

ati's lick balls.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

That sucks :(

Ask them for a X1950XT seen as they caused so much inconvienience :) it has a cooler that actually works!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Got the same card sitting beside me here waiting to go into a pc.

Sorry to hear you got a duff card but it happens with all pc components. Its the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

didn't wizZard have the same problem with an x1900xt and it turned out the fan wasn't plugged in properly? Could be worth checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Good idea, unplug the little molex and plug it back in again. Also check if the cooler assembly seems loose.

Either way something happened in transit or at the factory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bad luck m8. Did you buy it off ocuk? I had a raptor rma'd very quickly by them (click of death). Posted on fri, delivered on thur.
    Things might not be as bad as they seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Sorry to hear about your problems with this card.
    I have the same one it it does get a bit toasty (80c after a gaming session) but its been rock solid.
    I think I will change the cooler though as its not the quietest.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I had the same problem. Turns out the fan connector wasn't connected
    properly.

Do you hear the graphics fan spin up loudly when you start the PC?
    Do you hear it in game? If not it the fan's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Iv had more problems with nvidia cards then Ati ones. Luck of the draw really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah, fan connector is definitely in. Thing sounds like a hoover downstairs when I turn it on. Even get the artifacting if I force the fan speed to 100% with ATI Tool.

This continues on the pattern of every single ATI card I come into contact with dying.

X800XTPE, X800XT, 9800 Pro, X1900XT .......

I would go back to nVidia if they had any competition in the

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Shame.. I've a X1900xtx, got the new Arctic cooler on it.. It's totally silent, as in quiter than my WC system was and the temps are just as good...

unklerosco wrote:
    Shame.. I've a X1900xtx, got the new Arctic cooler on it.. It's totally silent, as in quiter than my WC system was and the temps are just as good...

Thats good to know...was considering changing the cooler tosomething quiet.

if yer looking for one of the accelero coolers I know a guy who had one for sale on adverts a few weeks ago but never sold it. Could be worth checking out. It was brand new (in package) and he was looking for about €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Shame, but sure it happens. Amazingly out of all the boxes of graphics cards I've owned back since an 8mb Rage Pro I've never had a single one die on me....kinda expecting it to happen to me someday soon though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Thats rough, my x1900 xt is goin fine, *touches wood*, RMA the bugger and enjoy ur COD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yeah, I already bought a zalman zf-900-cu, just didnt want to install it till i was sure everything was working. good thing i waited!

if yer looking for one of the accelero coolers I know a guy who had one for sale on adverts a few weeks ago but never sold it. Could be worth checking out. It was brand new (in package) and he was looking for about €20

Thanks for the heads up on that...had a quick search and found the ad...in negotiations now :D

cool,glad to help

Advertisement