Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Another TV with noise

• 10-09-2006 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Similar to other thread , I have a 28" Sony CRT which is about 5/6 years old.
    Started to buzz the last few weeks, very noticeable with sound off. Comes and goes, banging makes no difference.

How long should a CRT last for anyway?

Redman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

My Sony 32in FX20 is about 11 years old. Picture as good as the day I bought it to my eyes! Sounds like yours is on the way out though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

damn! Thats what I am thinking.
    I wouldn't care we don't watch a lot of TV and it's only moved house once in its life and never dropped

ANy other comments welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

your tube isnt on the way out...
    The noise is the core of a inductor coil ringing most likely.
    Only way of fixing it is to open it up, find the problem while gently taping the board gently (with an insulated tapping device) while the TV is on.

DO NOT DO THIS, ONLY LET SOMEONE WHO IS QUALIFIED DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Cos there is lots of very high voltages in tvs. And even the lower ones will kill you.
    Leave it in somewhere, and they should be able to sort it for u.

Advertisement