Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good News At Last

• 10-09-2006 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Well seems that at long last i will in fact get BB from the Cill Chiarain Exchange. Full Line retest was requested just over a week ago. Early last week got call from eircom to say that line was been tested and carrier been taken off. So would i be availible at home if within an hour a technician visit was required. 30 minutes later got second call to confirm i was good to go with BB and no house call needed.

Contacted suppliers following day and ordered BB on a Green line. Yes Green NOT amber. Will do a test tomorrow to confirm actual distance from exchange.

I have to say that the line engineer and the line technician i was dealing with were very very professional. Answered calls and did what they said they would, when they said they would. So hats off to them.

Now lets hoping there will be no problems with the final installation. (i dont actually expect any but its been such a LONG saga!!).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Woo Hoo.... Party Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

IrishTLR wrote:
    Woo Hoo.... Party Time.

Champers staying firmly in fridge until i get a working stable connection for a few days ...THEN i celebrate :)

Altreab wrote:
    Champers staying firmly in fridge until i get a working stable connection for a few days ...THEN i celebrate :)

Oh HAPPY DAY :) Broadband up and running at full speed :D Leaving champers until 5PM ish tomorrow for Double Celebration :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Altreab wrote:
    Oh HAPPY DAY :) Broadband up and running at full speed :D Leaving champers until 5PM ish tomorrow for Double Celebration :)
    Good man.:) Let the downloading commence. Not too sure about the second celebration though.:p

kaizersoze wrote:
    Good man.:) Let the downloading commence. Not too sure about the second celebration though.:p

Yeah downloading going good :) but has to shake head at Mayo "Performance"
    What the hell happened to them AGAIN!!! but then again this was by far the best Kerry Performance of the year.
    AH well ......what will i download now!!

Interesting thing is i am getting average 108K speeds over a lot of different download types ....Which is pretty good for a 1 Meg connection just under 5Km from the exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

right so , giz yer pings .

Sponge Bob wrote:
    right so , giz yer pings .

Host: Boards.ie
    IP: 82.195.136.250

Sent: 16
    Received: 16
    Lost: 0
    Loss Rate: 0.00 %

Min Time: 30 ms
    Max Time: 34 ms
    Avg Time: 32 ms
    Avg TTL: 57

Host: Digiweb.ie
    IP: 217.114.163.194

Min Time: 29 ms
    Max Time: 33 ms
    Avg Time: 30 ms
    Avg TTL: 118

Host:Google.com
    IP: 64.233.187.99

Min Time: 136 ms
    Max Time: 140 ms
    Avg Time: 137 ms
    Avg TTL: 240

Those ping times are consistant through the day and evening times. Anyone know why google has such high ping times?

Testing at http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php gives me a 857 kbps download and 79.1 kbps upload.
    Like i said this is a 1Meg connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Altreab wrote:
    Those ping times are consistant through the day and evening times. Anyone know why google has such high ping times?
    Because California is a long way away.

Do you get the same times to www.google.ie?

Foxwood wrote:
    Because California is a long way away.

Do you get the same times to www.google.ie?

Good Point :) a lot of hopping required :)

Host: Google.ie
    IP: 66.249.93.104

Min Time: 56 ms
    Max Time: 73 ms
    Avg Time: 58 ms
    Avg TTL: 246

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

thems good pings given that you are 4km 4.5km out , I was suspecting 50ms at best with heavy interleaving in place .

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    thems good pings given that you are 4km 4.5km out , I was suspecting 50ms at best with heavy interleaving in place .

I have to say im pleased with them myself. Now if i can just get Eircom to fix the exposed copper less than 200 Metres away from me!!
    They have been notified of the problem!!

Advertisement