Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

jap auction price

Options
  • 10-09-2006 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know what i should pay in a japanese car auction for either a '99 altezza rs200 or a '99 legacy B4 RSK.
    i've found some auction sites but they don't give much away. i know you can buy the altezza for about 1,000,000 yen but would there be a good enough saving going the auction route to justify the hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

no thoughts on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Try over on racershaven.com or driver.ie, more Jap import experts over there than on here I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

japaneseusedcars.com
    Recent pre-shipping sales price data.

Didn't realise how cheap they go over there :eek: Anyone know how much it is then to ship them etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

about €750. add to cost of car +10% duty. 250 for agent +VRT of 30% of open market selling price.

• Advertisement

I presume it still works out a few k less than what the Jap importers are selling the same cars for here tho'

Edit: Go for a 99 legacy B4 RSK Saloon. Impreza WRX without the insurance loading, very cheap and easy to insure them.

Advertisement