Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 10-09-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

Hi, I presume this is in the wrong forum, although I think "Accomodation and Property" does sound deliciously accurate to what i'm asking.

Anywho, to get to the point! I'm starting work soon in Dublin, and my office is just off Stephen's Green, very close to the Harcourt St. Luas station. Thus, I am planning to rent a property which is situated on the Green Luas line.

Just wanted to ask; what residential locations are siutated within a 5/10 minute walk of green line Luas stations? I know this sounds stupid, because i've looked at the Luas map and seen where the stations are. My problem is this; when looking at the locations and searching on daft.ie, many places listed as having Luas stations like Beechwood, Cowper, Charlemont, Balally, etc. don't seem to be listed on daft.ie as possible locations in Dublin?

I'm planning to pay anything up to €650/month as an absolute maximum. All I really need is a nice normal flat near a green line station so I can get to work in the mornings.

I've been looking at Milltown/Ranelagh/Dundrum. Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

On daft.ie search "South City", when you get to the second page, search for Dublin 2/4/6/8/14 in turn. Also search Ballsbridge / Clonskeagh / Donnybrook / Dartry / Dundrum / Milltown / Portobello / Ranelagh / Rathgar / Rathmines / South Circular Road. Not all are on the Luas, but are close enough to work.

650 would get you much better value in a shared property.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Victor wrote:
    650 would get you much better value in a shared property.

Oh, I meant to say that too - looking for a house share :D

Advertisement